FIU battles Arkansas State in the 2019 Camellia Bowl on Saturday, Dec. 21st. Although neither team is a household name, the Camellia Bowl projects to be one of the closest contests this Bowl Season. Will the Golden Panthers win? Or, can the favored Arkansas State Red Wolves take it to FIU? Keep reading for the 2019 Camellia Bowl odds, a preview and a free pick!
FIU vs Arkansas State 2019 Camellia Bowl Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Saturday, Dec. 21 at 5:30 pm ET
- Where: Cramton Bowl, Montgomery, AL
- TV: ESPN
- ATS Odds: Arkansas State -2 ½
- Over/Under Odds: 63
Why the FIU Golden Panthers are a good bet -3 ½?
Florida International ended their season strong. They upset the Miami Hurricanes 30-24 as a +21 underdog on Nov. 23. On Nov. 30, they pushed Marshall to overtime as a +10 dog. Although the Thundering Herd beat the Golden Panthers 30-27, FIU showed they have peaked at the right time. This Golden Panthers squad no way resembles the one that started the season.
- Total Yards: 371.3
- Passing Yards: 203.5
- Rushing Yards: 167.8
- Points Scored: 26.5
- Total Yards: 383.6
- Passing Yards: 178.5
- Rushing Yards: 205.1
- Points Allowed: 26.7
Why the Arkansas State Red Wolves are a good bet +3 ½?
Arkansas State went 7-5 playing in a deep Sun Belt Conference. During the regular season, the Red Wolves beat fellow Sun Belt bowl participant Georgia Southern 38-33. Arkansas State has the more balanced and effective offense in this matchup. The Red Wolves pass for 305 and rush for about 127. FIU should have trouble containing a balanced attack like Arkansas State’s.
- Total Yards: 432.2
- Passing Yards: 305.3
- Rushing Yards: 126.8
- Points Scored: 33.7
- Total Yards: 481.9
- Passing Yards: 257.3
- Rushing Yards: 224.6
- Points Allowed: 34.8
2019 Camellia Bowl Betting Trends for FIU Golden Panthers vs Arkansas State Red Wolves
- Golden Panthers are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 neutral site games
- FIU is 11-5 ATS in their last 7 games as an underdog
- The Over is 6-1 in FIU’s last 7 games following an ATS win
- Under is 4-1 in the Golden Panthers last 5 games where they rushed for less than 100 yards in the previous game
- Arkansas State is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 non-conf games
- Red Wolves are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games following an ATS loss
- The Under is 4-1 in Red Wolves last 5 games following an SU loss
- Over is 5-2 in Arkansas State’s last 7 games as a favorite
FIU vs Arkansas State Camellia Bowl Final Betting Analysis
Even though the Arkansas State Red Wolves are balanced on offense, Florida International’s defense is solid. The Golden Panthers allow 26.7 points per game from less than 179 passing yards.
Miami scored 24 against the Panthers. Since they were favored by 21, most expected the Hurricanes to score over 30. Marshall scored 30 but the Thundering Herd required overtime to get there. FIU held Charlotte to 23 points, UTEP to 17, and Old Dominion to 17.
The Red Wolves rushing attack depends on it’s passing attack. FIU can contain, maybe even shut down, the Red Wolves passing attack in this. Back the Golden Panthers to beat the Red Wolves straight up.
2019 Camellia Bowl Free Pick: Florida International moneyline
More College Football Bowls Betting News
- 2022 College Football Betting Analysis and Picks for the Best Games On Week 4
- 2022 NCAA Football Kansas State vs #6 Oklahoma Betting Analysis for Week 4
- 2022 NCAA Football #5 Clemson vs #19 Wake Forest Betting Analysis for Week 4
- 2022 NCAAF AP Top 25 Betting Options: Best Ranked Teams to Wager On Week 4
- 2022 NCAA Football Week 4 Parlay Betting Picks for the Top Weekend Games
- 2022 College Football SU Betting Picks for the Top Games on Week 4
- 2022 NCAA Football Power Rankings Betting Update Heading Into Week 4 of the Season
- 2022 College Football Over/Under Betting Picks for the Top Weekend Games of Week 4
- 2022 College Football ATS Betting Picks for the Top Weekend Games of Week 4
- 2022 NCAAF Betting Predictions: Teams to Definitely Loose their Week 4 Match
- 2022 NCAAF Betting Predictions: Teams to Straight-Up Win their Week 4 Match
- 2022 NCAA Football Betting Analysis: AP Poll 25 Rankings Update After Week 2
- 2022 College Football Betting Analysis and Picks for the Best Games On Week 3
- 2022 NCAA Football Week 3 Parlay Betting Picks for the Top Weekend Games