We are all well aware that things might change in the coming weeks, but for now, Formula 1 is planning for a 23-race schedule beginning in March. That will include a new grand prix event in Saudi Arabia. We can all only hope that we get the full season with no interruptions, and that every driver ends the new season healthy. We are going to take a look ahead to the new season by looking at the odds for both the driver and constructor championship series. Are we going to see an upset, or will the status quo remain in place? Let’s find out so you get ready to make your bets against their Formula 1 odds for the upcoming 2021 season.
2021 F1 Drivers and Constructors Championship Odds Betting Preview
2021 Drivers Championship Odds
- Lewis Hamilton (-300)
202o was quite the year for Lewis Hamilton. He had a spectacular season, where he won his 7th World Championship, equaling the record held by Michael Schumacher. It was also announced that he was on the Queen’s honor list and is set to be knighted. From this point forward, the king of F1 will be referred to as Sir Lewis Hamilton. He also signed a huge deal to stay with Mercedes, which puts them among the favorites in the constructor series. Hamilton will be looking to become the leader in championships won this season, and it’s tough to bet against him.
- Valtteri Bottas (+400)
For the second straight season, Bottas finished second in the Formula 1 driver standings behind his teammate Lewis Hamilton. If anyone is going to dethrone the champ, you have to think that Bottas might be the one, but would he be willing to allow his Mercedes buddy to win a record-setting 8th championship? I doubt it.
- Max Verstappen (+400)
Had it not been for the fact that Verstappen was forced to retire in 5 races this past season, we may have been looking at a very different championship race. Of the 12 races that he did complete, he landed on the podium 11 times, including a pair of wins. He might prove to be the most serious challenger this coming season if he has a little more luck.
2021 Constructors Championship Odds
- Mercedes (-550) – Mercedes has been the dominant team in Formula 1 for the past 7 years, winning the constructors championship in each of those seasons. It certainly helps to have Lewis Hamilton on board, but Valtteri Bottas also helps. Those two have finished 1st and 2nd in the drivers standings in each of the past 2 seasons, so it’s tough to see Mercedes dominance coming to an end.
- Red Bull Racing (+300) – Red Bull appears to be the only team in with a legitimate shot at ousting the current champions, but even then, it feels like a real longshot. They dominated from 2010 to 2013, winning 4 championships in a row at a time when Sebastien Vettel was the top driver in the world. They will have Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez leading the charge this season.
The next closes competitor is Ferrari at +1100, but this looks very much like a 2-horse race, and even saying that is being kind.
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet Formula 1 Odds | Online Betting
MyBookie Odds for the Races
Formula 1 Betting Center
F1 Odds and Lines
|F1 Drivers Odds|
|F1 Constructors Odds|
Latest F1 News:
- Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix Betting, Odds & Prediction’s Favorites
- Formula 1 Miami Grand Prix Betting, Odds & Prediction’s Favorites
- Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix Betting, Odds & Prediction’s Favorites
- 2023 Bahrain Grand Prix Lines, Top Drivers, Prediction for the Race
- Formula 1 Betting Analysis: Top 10 Drivers for the 2023 Season