Using Running Styles To Handicap Your Kentucky Derby BetsYou see, when it comes to winning the most prestigious thoroughbred horse race in the United States there are some age-old ‘facts’ surrounding the derby, even if they aren’t a much of a fact as some believe they are. Fact No. 1 says that pacesetters and closer rarely win the Kentucky Derby, but that clearly isn’t always the case a 32 thoroughbreds have gone gate-to-wire to win the derby. However, there is also some truth to the age-old belief that horses that get out of the gate too quickly don’t have as good a chance of winning as a mount that is in the middle of the pack at the first call (1/4 mile mark). This millennia, only War Emblem has been able to maintain the lead from the 1/4 mile mark while Go for Gin is the only other derby winner to grab and keep the lead by the 1/2 mile mark. A far as closers winning the Kentucky Derby is concerned, in the last 27 races dating back to 1990, only eight winners (29.6%) have been able to come back from more than 10 lengths behind the leader at the 1/2 mile mark while 11 others (40.7%) came back from than eight lengths behind at the same point. That figures dips dramatically to just 6 (22.2%) winning after being eight or more lengths behind the leader at the 3/4 mile mark. In essence, stalkers (horses that are just off the lead) look like the best bets to win the Kentucky Derby. Simply find the best stalkers in the 2017 derby that you can and ride one or two of them for the win!
Kentucky Derby Racing News
- Kentucky Derby Horse Racing Odds & Picks to Bet On May 7th
- 2022 Kentucky Derby Betting Predictions: Let’s Forget the Odds, Which Horse Can Actually Win?
- 2022 Kentucky Derby Betting Favorites: Top 4 Options for The Run for the Roses
- 2022 Kentucky Derby Trifecta, Superfecta & Exacta Betting Picks and Analysis
- 2022 Kentucky Derby Betting Picks Updated: Dark Horses and Longshots Options
- 2022 Top Stakes to Bet On: Kentucky Oaks and Derby Highlights Weekend Action
- 2022 Kentucky Derby Betting Odds and Picks: Contenders and Longshot
- 2022 Kentucky Derby Betting Tips to Make the Most Profit
- 2022 Kentucky Derby Betting Update: Asmussen Looks for 1st Derby Win
- 2022 Kentucky Derby Betting Update: Odds Favorite and Top Contenders
- 2022 Triple Crown Betting Predictions: Kentucky Derby Odds Favorites and Picks
- 2022 Kentucky Derby Betting Odds Update: Top Pick, 2nd Best Option and 3rd Best Choice
- Horse Racing Betting Update: 2022 Kentucky Derby Odds – Early Contenders
- 2022 Triple Crown Betting Predictions: Will This Year Give Us a New Champion?
- Early 2022 Kentucky Derby Horse Racing Betting Odds and Analysis
- Horse Racing Betting: 2021 Kentucky Derby Recap
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Superfecta & Pick 4 Betting Predictions
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Exacta & Trifecta Betting Predictions