The Chicago Bulls (4-8) are 7-point underdogs as they look to turn around a four-game losing streak when they visit the Dallas Mavericks (6-5) on Sunday, January 17, 2021 at American Airlines Center. The game airs at 3:00 PM ET on NBCS-CHI. The matchup has an over/under of 227.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Dallas has taken six of its last 10 head-to-head meetings with Chicago. The Bulls have an advantage against the spread (3-0) when taking the court against the Mavericks.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/3/2021||Mavericks||Bulls||-4||223.5||-177||145||Regular Season||118-108 CHI|
|3/2/2020||Mavericks||Bulls||-7||219||-284||232||Regular Season||109-107 CHI|
|1/6/2020||Mavericks||Mavericks||-8.5||218||-409||315||Regular Season||118-110 DAL|
|11/12/2018||–||Bulls||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-98 DAL|
|10/22/2018||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-109 DAL|
|3/2/2018||–||Bulls||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-100 CHI|
|1/5/2018||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-124 CHI|
|1/17/2017||–||Bulls||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||99-98 DAL|
|12/3/2016||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-82 DAL|
|1/15/2016||–||Bulls||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||83-77 DAL|
Mavericks Betting Information
- Against the spread, Dallas has been strong this season, posting a 7-4 record.
- The Mavericks have posted a losing record of 0-1 against the spread when the spread is -7 or higher.
- Dallas and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 3 of 11 games this season (27.3%).
Bulls Betting Information
- Chicago has a winning record against the spread, going 8-4 ATS (covering 66.7% of the time).
- In the majority of Chicago’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (8 out of 12 games, 66.7%).
- In 45 of 11 outings (409.1%) this season, the Mavericks and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s over/under of 227 points.
- Chicago has combined with its opponents to score at least 227 points in eight of 12 outings (66.7%) this year.
- These two teams average a combined 226.2 points per game, 0.8 fewer points than the total of 227 set for this matchup.
- The Mavericks and the Bulls have seen their opponents average a combined 0.3 less points per game than the point total of 227 set in this game.
- The average over/under the Mavericks have had set in games this season is 12.5 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under for Bulls games this year is 11.4 more points than the point total of 227 in this outing.
- The Mavericks points, rebounds and assists leader is Luka Doncic. He averages 27.5 points per game and adds 9.6 rebounds and 8.8 assists.
- The Mavericks are led by Tim Hardaway Jr. from beyond the arc. He knocks down 3.8 shots from deep per game.
- Dallas’ steals leader is James Johnson, who averages 1.5 per game. Maxi Kleber leads the team averaging 0.9 blocks an outing.
- Zach LaVine owns the Bulls top spot in scoring with 28.3 points per game and also tacks on 5.3 rebounds and 4.8 assists per contest.
- Wendell Carter Jr. (8.1 rebounds per game) and Coby White (6.3 assists per game) are the Chicago leaders in rebounds and assists.
- LaVine is tops from three-point range for the Bulls, knocking down 3.7 threes per game.
- Nobody on Chicago grabs more steals than LaVine (1.3 per game) or blocks more shots than Daniel Gafford (1.1 per game).
More Recent NBA News
- 2022 NBA Draft Betting Analysis and Predictions for Pick One, Two, and Three
- Early 2023 NBA Championship Odds: Warriors Favorites, Bucks Best Pick
- 2022 NBA Finals: Golden State vs Boston Game 4 Predictions & Odds
- 2022 NBA Finals: Warriors vs Celtics Game 3 Odds & Predictions
- NBA Playoffs Betting: ATS and O/U Picks for Game 1 of the 2022 Finals