The Dallas Mavericks (7-7) hit the road in Southwest Division action against the San Antonio Spurs (8-7) on Friday, January 22, 2021 at 8:30 PM ET. The Mavericks are 2.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 223.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
After the last 10 head-to-head meetings, San Antonio has a 6-4 record against Dallas.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/10/2020||Mavericks||Spurs||-3||227.5||-149||125||Regular Season||119-109 SA|
|2/26/2020||Mavericks||Spurs||-4.5||233||-188||156||Regular Season||109-103 DAL|
|12/26/2019||Mavericks||Mavericks||-8||226.5||-384||297||Regular Season||102-98 DAL|
|11/18/2019||Mavericks||Mavericks||-4.5||224||-197||164||Regular Season||117-110 DAL|
|4/10/2019||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-94 SA|
|3/12/2019||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-105 SA|
|1/16/2019||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-101 SA|
|10/29/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-108 SA|
|12/16/2017||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-96 SA|
|12/12/2017||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||95-89 DAL|
Mavericks Betting Information
- Dallas is solid against the spread, going 8-6 on the season.
- When favored by at least 2.5 points, the Mavericks have compiled a 3-3 record ATS.
- Dallas and its opponents have converted the over just 4 times in 14 (28.6%) games this season.
Spurs Betting Information
- San Antonio has covered the spread in greater than half of its outings, going 9-5-1 ATS.
- The Spurs have gone 2-2-1 against the spread when they are at least a 2.5-point underdog.
- San Antonio has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 46.7% of matchups this season (7 out of 15 opportunities).
- The Mavericks and their opponents have totaled at least 223 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 47 of 14 outings (335.7%) this season.
- San Antonio and its opponents have combined to score more than 223 points in eight of 15 outings (53.3%) this season.
- These teams average a combined 218.9 points per game, 4.1 fewer points than the total of 223 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.3 fewer points per game (217.7) than this matchup’s total of 223 points.
- The Mavericks’ average point total in matchups this year is 215.9, 7.1 points less than the over/under in this game.
- Spurs games this year have averaged an over/under of 220.9 points, 2.1 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
- Luka Doncic leads the Mavericks in scoring (26.1 points per game), rebounding (10.1 per game) and assisting (9.5 per game).
- The Mavericks are led by Tim Hardaway Jr. from beyond the arc. He knocks down 3.5 shots from deep per game.
- Dorian Finney-Smith leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. Kristaps Porzingis collects 1.8 blocks a game to pace Dallas.
- The Spurs go-to guy, DeMar DeRozan, leads the team in both scoring (20.2 points per game) and assists (6.8 assists per game).
- Dejounte Murray’s 7.3 rebounds per game paces San Antonio’s rebounding effort. He also adds 15.8 points per game.
- Patty Mills makes more threes per game than any other member of the Spurs, cashing in 2.9 treys per game.
- San Antonio’s Murray has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.5 per game and Jakob Poeltl is first in blocks with 0.9 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- 2022 NBA Draft Betting Analysis and Predictions for Pick One, Two, and Three
- Early 2023 NBA Championship Odds: Warriors Favorites, Bucks Best Pick
- 2022 NBA Finals: Golden State vs Boston Game 4 Predictions & Odds
- 2022 NBA Finals: Warriors vs Celtics Game 3 Odds & Predictions
- NBA Playoffs Betting: ATS and O/U Picks for Game 1 of the 2022 Finals