The Orlando Magic (6-2) visit the Houston Rockets (2-4) after winning three road games in a row. The Rockets are favored by 5.5 points in the contest, which begins at 8:00 PM ET on Friday, January 8, 2021. The matchup’s over/under is 227.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
In the last 10 head-to-head matchups, Houston has a 7-3 record against Orlando.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/8/2020||Rockets||Rockets||-7.5||229.5||-346||275||Regular Season||126-106 ORL|
|12/13/2019||Rockets||Magic||-6.5||220.5||-302||245||Regular Season||130-107 HOU|
|1/27/2019||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-98 HOU|
|1/13/2019||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-109 ORL|
|1/30/2018||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-107 HOU|
|1/3/2018||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-98 HOU|
|2/7/2017||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||128-104 HOU|
|1/6/2017||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-93 HOU|
|12/23/2015||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-101 ORL|
|11/4/2015||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-114 HOU|
Rockets Betting Information
- Houston has covered in just two of six matchups this season.
- When favored by at least 5.5 points, the Rockets have struggled to a 0-1 record ATS this season.
- Houston and its opponents have combined to cover the total in 3 of 6 games this year (50%).
Magic Betting Information
- Orlando has a winning record against the spread, going 6-2 ATS (covering 75% of the time).
- When they are at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Magic have a record ATS of 2-0.
- In 4 out Orlando’s 8 games this year, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
- The Rockets and their opponents have recorded more than 227 points in 783.3% of their outings this year (47 of six opportunities).
- Orlando and its opponents have combined to score more than 227 points in 25% of their matchups this season (two of eight chances).
- These two teams average a combined 221.3 points per game, 5.7 fewer points than the over/under of 227 set for this game.
- The Rockets and the Magic have seen their opponents average a combined 5.7 less points per game than the over/under of 227 set for this matchup.
- The Rockets’ average point total in matchups this season is 226.7, 0.3 points less than the total in this game.
- The average over/under in Magic games this season is 11 fewer points than the point total of 227 in this outing.
- James Harden leads the Rockets in points and assists. He puts up 29.4 points per game while also adding 11.0 assists.
- Houston’s rebounding leader is Christian Wood, who grabs 10.0 per game.
- Harden is the top three-point shooter for the Rockets, connecting on 3.8 per game.
- Houston’s blocks leader is Wood, who collects 2.0 per game. PJ Tucker leads the team averaging 1.2 steals a game.
- Nikola Vucevic is at the top of the Magic scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 21.0 points per game and 10.5 rebounds per game this season.
- Markelle Fultz has the title of Orlando assist leader, dishing out 5.4 assists per game this season.
- Terrence Ross is tops from three-point range for the Magic, hitting 3.0 threes per game.
- Ross is at the top of Orlando’s steals hierarchy with 1.6 steals per game and Michael Carter-Williams leads the squad in blocks with 0.6 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- 2022 NBA Draft Betting Analysis and Predictions for Pick One, Two, and Three
- Early 2023 NBA Championship Odds: Warriors Favorites, Bucks Best Pick
- 2022 NBA Finals: Golden State vs Boston Game 4 Predictions & Odds
- 2022 NBA Finals: Warriors vs Celtics Game 3 Odds & Predictions
- NBA Playoffs Betting: ATS and O/U Picks for Game 1 of the 2022 Finals