Jayson Tatum leads the Boston Celtics (5-3) into a matchup with the Miami Heat (3-3) after putting up 40 points in a 126-114 win over the Raptors. The Celtics are 2.5-point underdogs in the game on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, which tips at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup has an over/under of 218.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Miami and Boston have each won five of their last 10 head-to-head matchups. The Heat have a 5-4 record against the spread when taking on the Celtics.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/4/2020||Celtics||Heat||-4.5||218.5||-199||164||Regular Season||112-106 MIA|
|1/28/2020||Heat||Heat||-1.5||219||-123||103||Regular Season||109-101 BOS|
|12/4/2019||Celtics||Celtics||-5.5||209||-221||180||Regular Season||112-93 BOS|
|4/3/2019||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-102 BOS|
Heat Betting Information
- Miami been consistently inconsistent against the spread this season, earning a 3-3 record.
- The Heat have posted a winning record of 2-1 against the spread when the spread is -2.5 or higher.
- Miami and its opponents have converted the over just 2 times in 6 (33.3%) games this season.
Celtics Betting Information
- Boston has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 3-4 ATS.
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Celtics have not fared well, going 1-3 against the spread.
- In the majority of Boston’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (5 out of 8 games, 62.5%).
- The Heat and their opponents have put up at least 218 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 54 of six opportunities (900%) this season.
- Boston has combined with its opponents to score more than 218 points in six of eight outings (75%) this year.
- The Heat and the Celtics combine to average 1.2 more points per game than the over/under of 218 set for this game.
- The Heat and the Celtics have seen their opponents average a combined 2.2 more points per game than the point total of 218 set for this game.
- The Heat’s average point total in matchups this year is 213.5, 4.5 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Celtics this season is 7.9 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- Bam Adebayo leads the Heat in scoring (19.2 points per game) and rebounding (8.0 rebounds per game).
- Miami’s assists leader is Goran Dragic, who racks up 5.5 per game.
- The Heat are led by Duncan Robinson from long distance. He makes 3.0 shots from deep per game.
- Miami’s blocks leader is Kelly Olynyk, who averages 1.0 per game. Adebayo leads the team averaging 1.3 steals a contest.
- The Celtics leader in scoring is Jaylen Brown with 26.9 points per game. He also adds 4.6 rebounds per game and 3.1 assists per game.
- The Boston leaders in rebounds and assists are Tristan Thompson (8.7 rebounds per game) and Marcus Smart (6.7 assists per game).
- Tatum makes more threes per game than any other member of the Celtics, cashing in 3.4 treys per game.
- Boston’s Jeff Teague has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.7 per game and Robert Williams III is first in blocks with 1.6 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- 2022 NBA Draft Betting Analysis and Predictions for Pick One, Two, and Three
- Early 2023 NBA Championship Odds: Warriors Favorites, Bucks Best Pick
- 2022 NBA Finals: Golden State vs Boston Game 4 Predictions & Odds
- 2022 NBA Finals: Warriors vs Celtics Game 3 Odds & Predictions
- NBA Playoffs Betting: ATS and O/U Picks for Game 1 of the 2022 Finals