The Memphis Grizzlies (5-6) are 3.5-point underdogs as they try to build on a three-game winning streak when they visit the Minnesota Timberwolves (3-8) on Friday, January 15, 2021 at Target Center. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET on FS-SE. The matchup has an over/under of 224.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
In the last 10 head-to-head meetings, Memphis has a 7-3 record against Minnesota. The Grizzlies have an advantage against the spread as well (4-0) when playing the Timberwolves.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/13/2021||Timberwolves||Timberwolves||-1.5||222||-124||104||Regular Season||118-107 MEM|
|1/7/2020||Grizzlies||Grizzlies||-4||228.5||-181||151||Regular Season||119-112 MEM|
|12/1/2019||Timberwolves||Timberwolves||-11.5||231.5||-742||538||Regular Season||115-107 MEM|
|11/6/2019||Timberwolves||Grizzlies||-3.5||224.5||-160||134||Regular Season||137-121 MEM|
|3/23/2019||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-99 MIN|
|2/5/2019||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-106 MEM|
|1/30/2019||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||99-97 MIN|
|11/18/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-87 MEM|
|4/9/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-94 MIN|
|3/26/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||101-93 MEM|
Timberwolves Betting Information
- Minnesota has struggled against the spread, going 4-6-1 on the year.
- The Timberwolves fare well when favored by at least 3.5 points, posting a 1-0 record against the spread.
- More often than not, Minnesota and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 6 of 11 chances this season.
Grizzlies Betting Information
- Memphis has a winning record against the spread, going 6-5 ATS (covering 54.5% of the time).
- When they are at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Grizzlies have not fared well, going 0-1 against the spread.
- In the majority of Memphis’ games this season, the teams have not hit the over (4 out of 11 games, 36.4%).
- In 336.4% of their games this year (37 of 11 chances), the Timberwolves and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 224.5 points.
- Memphis has combined with its opponents to score more than 224.5 points in six of 11 games (54.5%) this year.
- These teams average a combined 215.1 points per game, 9.4 less points than the over/under of 224.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 226.6 points per game, 2.1 more than the over/under for this game.
- The Timberwolves’ average point total in outings this year is 227.4, 2.9 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average total in Grizzlies games this season is 10.0 less points than the point total of 224.5 in this outing.
- D’Angelo Russell leads the Timberwolves in scoring (20.7 points per game) and assisting (5.5 assists per game).
- Jarrett Culver paces Minnesota with 5.6 rebounds per game.
- Russell knocks down 2.8 threes per game to lead the Timberwolves.
- Minnesota’s steals leader is Ricky Rubio, who collects 1.4 per game. Josh Okogie leads the team averaging 1.0 block a contest.
- Dillon Brooks owns the Grizzlies top spot in scoring with 16.6 points per game and also tacks on 4.1 rebounds and 3.3 assists per contest.
- When it comes to Memphis leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Jonas Valanciunas with 10.7 rebounds per game and Tyus Jones with 5.7 assists per game.
- Brooks leads the Grizzlies in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.2 made threes per game.
- Memphis’ Jones has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.5 per game and Valanciunas is first in blocks with 1.1 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- 2022 NBA Draft Betting Analysis and Predictions for Pick One, Two, and Three
- Early 2023 NBA Championship Odds: Warriors Favorites, Bucks Best Pick
- 2022 NBA Finals: Golden State vs Boston Game 4 Predictions & Odds
- 2022 NBA Finals: Warriors vs Celtics Game 3 Odds & Predictions
- NBA Playoffs Betting: ATS and O/U Picks for Game 1 of the 2022 Finals