The Charlotte Hornets (16-17) visit the Portland Trail Blazers (18-14) as 6.5-point underdogs after P.J. Washington scored 42 points in the Hornets’ 127-126 victory over the Kings. The matchup airs on NBA TV at 10:30 PM ET on Monday, March 1, 2021. The matchup has an over/under set at 235.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
In the last 10 head-to-head matchups, Portland has an 8-2 record against Charlotte. The Hornets have a 1-0 record against the spread when playing the Trail Blazers.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/13/2020||Trail Blazers||Trail Blazers||-9.5||215.5||-440||345||Regular Season||115-112 POR|
|3/3/2019||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-108 POR|
|1/11/2019||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-96 POR|
|2/8/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-103 POR|
|12/16/2017||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||93-91 POR|
|1/31/2017||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-98 POR|
|1/18/2017||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-85 CHA|
|1/29/2016||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-91 POR|
|11/15/2015||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||106-94 CHA|
|11/26/2014||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-97 POR|
Trail Blazers Betting Information
- Portland is solid against the spread, going 17-15 this season.
- When favored by at least 6.5 points, the Trail Blazers have struggled to a 1-2 record ATS this season.
- In 17 of 32 (53.1%) contests this season, Portland and its opponents have hit the over.
Hornets Betting Information
- Charlotte has a winning record against the spread, going 18-14-1 ATS (covering 54.5% of the time).
- Charlotte and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 19 of 33 (57.6%).
- The Trail Blazers and their opponents have combined to put up more than 235.5 points in 34.4% of their games this season (11 of 32 opportunities).
- Charlotte has played in nine games this season (out of 33 total matchups — 27.3% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 235.5 points.
- The Trail Blazers and the Hornets combine to average 9.2 fewer points per game than the total of 235.5 set for this game.
- The Trail Blazers and the Hornets have seen their opponents average a combined 7.1 fewer points per game than the point total of 235.5 set for this game.
- The average point total for Trail Blazers games this year is 6.2 fewer points than the over/under of 235.5 in this matchup.
- Hornets games this year have averaged an over/under of 225.3 points, 10.2 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Trail Blazers Leaders
- The Trail Blazers points and assists leader is Damian Lillard. He averages 29.8 points per game and contributes 8.0 assists.
- Enes Kanter paces Portland with 11.5 rebounds per game.
- CJ McCollum is the top three-point shooter for the Trail Blazers, hitting 4.8 per game.
- Robert Covington leads the team with 1.5 steals per game. Derrick Jones Jr. collects 1.1 blocks a game to pace Portland.
- The Hornets leader in scoring is Gordon Hayward with 21.5 points per game. He also adds 5.3 rebounds per game and 3.7 assists per game.
- When it comes to Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Cody Zeller with 7.5 rebounds per game and LaMelo Ball with 6.3 assists per game.
- Terry Rozier is tops from three-point range for the Hornets, knocking down 3.3 threes per game.
- Nobody on Charlotte grabs more steals than Ball (1.6 per game) or blocks more shots than Bismack Biyombo (1.2 per game).
More Recent NBA News
- NBA 2022 – Updated Championship Odds for the Upcoming Season 2022-23
- NBA 2022: Updated Conference Winner odds
- 2022-23 NBA Betting Preview: Most Important Dates In the Calendar for the Upcoming Season
- 2023 NBA Rivals Week Betting Analysis and Early Picks for the Top Matches
- Early 2022-23 NBA Betting Preview and Odds Analysis for the Upcoming Season