The Portland Trail Blazers (3-2) visit the Golden State Warriors (2-3) as 5-point favorites after Damian Lillard went off for 34 points in the Trail Blazers’ 123-98 victory over the Warriors. The game airs on NBA TV at 8:30 PM ET on Sunday, January 3, 2021. The over/under for the matchup is set at 234.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
After the last 10 head-to-head meetings, Golden State has a 6-4 record against Portland.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/1/2021||Trail Blazers||Warriors||-3.5||238||-160||133||Regular Season||123-98 POR|
|1/20/2020||Trail Blazers||Trail Blazers||-7||221.5||-313||253||Regular Season||129-124 POR|
|12/18/2019||Trail Blazers||Trail Blazers||-9.5||220.5||-478||371||Regular Season||122-112 POR|
|11/4/2019||Trail Blazers||Warriors||-11.5||220.5||-839||588||Regular Season||127-118 GS|
|5/20/2019||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Playoffs||119-117 GS|
|5/18/2019||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Playoffs||110-99 GS|
|2/13/2019||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-107 POR|
|12/29/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-105 GS|
Trail Blazers Betting Information
- Portland has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 2-3 record.
- The Trail Blazers have struggled to cover, going just 0-1 ATS when favored by at least 5 points.
- Portland has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 2 times in 5 contests (40%).
Warriors Betting Information
- Golden State has covered the spread in less than half of its games, going 1-4 ATS.
- Golden State and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this season — 2 of 5 (40%).
- In 760% of their games this year (38 of five chances), the Trail Blazers and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 234 points.
- In two of five opportunities (40%) this season, Golden State and its opponents have combined to score more than 234 points.
- These teams average a combined 222.4 points per game, 11.6 fewer points than the total of 234 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 239.8 points per game, 5.8 more than the over/under in this game.
- The Trail Blazers’ average point total in matchups this year is 230, four points below the total in this game.
- Warriors games this season have averaged a total of 232.2 points, 1.8 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Trail Blazers Leaders
- The Trail Blazers scoring leader is CJ McCollum, who puts up 28.0 points per game.
- Portland is led in rebounding by Enes Kanter’s 8.6 rebounds per game and assisting by Lillard’s 6.6 assists per game .
- The Trail Blazers are led by McCollum from long distance. He knocks down 5.2 shots from deep per game.
- Robert Covington averages 1.6 steals and 0.8 blocks per game. Both numbers are team-highs for Portland.
- Stephen Curry takes the top spot on the Warriors scoring and assist lists, tallying 26.4 points and 6.6 assists per game.
- When it comes to rebounds, Kelly Oubre Jr. is the Golden State leader with 6.4 per game.
- Curry is tops from three-point range for the Warriors, hitting 3.6 threes per game.
- Golden State’s Oubre has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.6 per game and James Wiseman is first in blocks with 1.6 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- 2022 NBA Draft Betting Analysis and Predictions for Pick One, Two, and Three
- Early 2023 NBA Championship Odds: Warriors Favorites, Bucks Best Pick
- 2022 NBA Finals: Golden State vs Boston Game 4 Predictions & Odds
- 2022 NBA Finals: Warriors vs Celtics Game 3 Odds & Predictions
- NBA Playoffs Betting: ATS and O/U Picks for Game 1 of the 2022 Finals