The Charlotte Hornets (6-7) are 7-point underdogs against the Toronto Raptors (3-8) at Amalie Arena on Saturday, January 16, 2021. The game begins at 7:30 PM ET on NBA TV. The over/under is 219.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Toronto has come out on top in seven of its last 10 head-to-head matchups against Charlotte. The Hornets have an advantage against the spread (3-1) when squaring off against the Raptors.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/14/2021||Raptors||Raptors||-10||219||-500||374||Regular Season||111-108 TOR|
|2/28/2020||Raptors||Raptors||-13.5||214||-1173||748||Regular Season||99-96 CHA|
|1/8/2020||Raptors||Hornets||-2.5||207.5||-140||117||Regular Season||112-110 TOR|
|11/18/2019||Raptors||Raptors||-8.5||214.5||-414||320||Regular Season||132-96 TOR|
|4/5/2019||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-111 CHA|
|3/24/2019||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-114 CHA|
|10/22/2018||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-106 TOR|
|3/4/2018||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-98 TOR|
|2/11/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-103 TOR|
|12/20/2017||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-111 TOR|
Raptors Betting Information
- Toronto has struggled against the spread, going 3-8 on the year.
- The Raptors have posted an even record of 1-1 against the spread when the spread is -7 or bigger.
- Toronto has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 6 of 11 games for a 54.5% rate.
Hornets Betting Information
- Charlotte has a 7-6 record against the spread, covering in 53.8% of their outings.
- In most of Charlotte’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (4 out of 13 games, 30.8%).
- In 41 of 11 outings (372.7%) this year, the Raptors and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s point total of 219.5 points.
- Charlotte has combined with its opponents to score at least 219.5 points in three of 13 opportunities (23.1%) this year.
- These two teams average a combined 218.3 points per game, 1.2 less points than the total of 219.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 219.6 points per game, 0.1 more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The average point total for Raptors games this season is 3.7 more points than the total of 219.5 in this matchup.
- Hornets games this year have averaged a total of 214.8 points, 4.7 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
- Fred VanVleet leads the Raptors in scoring, putting up 20.5 points per game.
- Kyle Lowry leads Toronto with 7.2 assists a game and Pascal Siakam paces the team with 8.6 rebounds per contest.
- VanVleet is the top three-point shooter for the Raptors, connecting on 3.6 per game.
- Toronto’s blocks leader is Chris Boucher, who collects 2.5 per game. OG Anunoby leads the team averaging 1.9 steals a game.
- Gordon Hayward owns the Hornets top spot in scoring with 22.0 points per game and also tacks on 5.0 rebounds and 3.8 assists per contest.
- Bismack Biyombo (7.0 rebounds per game) and Devonte’ Graham (6.4 assists per game) are the Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Terry Rozier leads the Hornets in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.2 made threes per game.
- Nobody on Charlotte grabs more steals than Graham (1.6 per game) or blocks more shots than Biyombo (1.5 per game).
More Recent NBA News
- 2022 NBA Draft Betting Analysis and Predictions for Pick One, Two, and Three
- Early 2023 NBA Championship Odds: Warriors Favorites, Bucks Best Pick
- 2022 NBA Finals: Golden State vs Boston Game 4 Predictions & Odds
- 2022 NBA Finals: Warriors vs Celtics Game 3 Odds & Predictions
- NBA Playoffs Betting: ATS and O/U Picks for Game 1 of the 2022 Finals