A pair of the NBA’s best scorers match up when Donovan Mitchell (15th, 24.5 PPG) and the Utah Jazz (27-7) visit Zion Williamson (13th, 25.5 PPG) and the New Orleans Pelicans (14-19) on Monday, March 1, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET on NBA TV. The Jazz are 6.5-point favorites. The matchup has an over/under of 235 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Utah has taken eight of its last 10 head-to-head meetings with New Orleans. The Jazz also have a 4-2 edge against the spread when facing off with the Pelicans.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/21/2021||Jazz||Jazz||-7||217.5||-275||220||Regular Season||129-118 UTA|
|1/19/2021||Jazz||Jazz||-6||217.5||-243||197||Regular Season||118-102 UTA|
|7/30/2020||Pelicans||Pelicans||-2.5||228.5||-137||114||Regular Season||106-104 UTA|
|1/16/2020||Jazz||Pelicans||-5.5||225.5||-237||192||Regular Season||138-132 NO|
|1/6/2020||Jazz||Pelicans||-4||221.5||-178||148||Regular Season||128-126 UTA|
|11/23/2019||Jazz||Jazz||-5.5||225.5||-213||176||Regular Season||128-120 UTA|
|3/6/2019||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-104 UTA|
|3/4/2019||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-112 NO|
|10/27/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||132-111 UTA|
|3/11/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-99 UTA|
Jazz Betting Information
- Utah has been good against the spread this season, posting a 25-8-1 record.
- When favored by at least 6.5 points, the Jazz have fared well against the spread, putting up a 14-4-1 record.
- Utah and its opponents have combined to cover the point total in 17 of 34 games this year (50%).
Pelicans Betting Information
- New Orleans has a losing record against the spread, going 15-19 ATS (covering only 44.1% of the time).
- When they are at least 6.5-point underdogs, the Pelicans have a record ATS of 2-4.
- New Orleans has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 67.6% of matchups this year (23 out of 34 opportunities).
- In 29.4% of their games this season (10 of 34 chances), the Jazz and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s point total of 235 points.
- New Orleans has played in 14 games this year (out of 34 total matchups — 41.2% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 235 points.
- The two teams average a combined 3.5 fewer points per game (231.5) than this matchup’s total of 235 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 222 points per game, 13 less than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average total the Jazz have had set in matchups this year is 12.3 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- Pelicans games this season have averaged a total of 230.5 points, 4.5 less than the point total in this matchup.
- Mitchell leads the Jazz scoring 24.5 points per game.
- Utah is led in rebounding by Rudy Gobert’s 13.4 rebounds per game and assisting by Mike Conley’s 5.7 assists per game .
- Mitchell is the top three-point shooter for the Jazz, hitting 3.3 per game.
- Conley leads the team with 1.5 steals per game. Gobert collects 2.7 blocks an outing to pace Utah.
- Williamson owns the Pelicans top spot in scoring with 25.5 points per game and also tacks on 7.1 rebounds and 3.3 assists per contest.
- When it comes to New Orleans leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Steven Adams with 9.1 rebounds per game and Lonzo Ball with 5.1 assists per game.
- Ball makes more threes per game than any other member of the Pelicans, averaging 3.1 treys per game.
- New Orleans’ Ball has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.3 per game and Brandon Ingram is first in blocks with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- 2022 NBA Pre-Season Betting Opportunities
- Updated division winner’s odds prior to the start of the 2022 NBA Season
- NBA 2022 – Updated Championship Odds for the Upcoming Season 2022-23
- NBA 2022: Updated Conference Winner odds
- 2022-23 NBA Betting Preview: Most Important Dates In the Calendar for the Upcoming Season