The Alcorn State Braves (0-5) are favored (-4) to stop a five-game losing streak when they host the Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions (3-9) at 4:30 PM ET on Monday, January 18, 2021 at Davey Whitney Complex. The matchup’s point total is 146.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UAPB (+4)||Over (146)||Alcorn State 76 UAPB 74|
- The Braves and their opponents have totaled at least 146 points — this matchup’s point total — in four of five opportunities (80%) this year.
- UAPB and its opponents have combined to score more than 146 points in 41.7% of their matchups this season (five of 12 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 21 fewer points per game (125) than this matchup’s total of 146 points.
- The Braves and the Golden Lions have seen their opponents average a combined 30 more points per game than the point total of 146 set for this outing.
- The average point total for Braves games this season is 8.4 more points than the total of 146 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Golden Lions this year is 0.6 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Alcorn State Betting Information
- The Braves have been solid against the spread this season, earning a 3-2 record.
- Alcorn State has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 4 of 5 games for a 80% rate.
UAPB Betting Information
- UAPB has a 6-5 record against the spread, covering in 54.5% of their outings.
- The Golden Lions have fared well as a 4-point underdog, going 2-0 against the spread when they are at least 4-point underdogs.
- UAPB and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 7 of 11 (63.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/17/2020||Alcorn State||-8||130||-406||+306||Regular Season||60-52 ALCST|
|1/20/2020||Alcorn State||-3||134||-161||+129||Regular Season||82-54 ALCST|
|2/18/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-62 ARPB|
|1/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-69 ALCST|
Alcorn State Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Braves this season is Troymain Crosby, who averages 19.4 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 0.2 assists per game.
- Tyree Corbett leads the Braves in rebounding, averaging 6.0 per game, while Byron Joshua leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 2.7 in each contest.
- Kurk Lee provides the bulk of the Braves’ three-point shooting production. He hits 1.5 threes per game to lead the squad.
- Joshua and Anthony Fairley lead Alcorn State on the defensive end, with Joshua leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and Fairley in blocks averaging 0.5 per contest.
- Shaun Doss puts up 18.6 points and 6.3 rebounds per game for the Golden Lions, making him the top scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Joshuwan Johnson’s assist statline paces UAPB; he dishes out 3.3 assists per game.
- Doss makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Golden Lions, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 1.6 per contest.
- UAPB’s leader in steals is Johnson (1.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Markedric Bell (1.2 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds