The Arizona State Sun Devils (4-6) are expected to continue a four-game losing streak when they host the Arizona Wildcats (10-3) as 2.5-point underdogs at 9:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 21, 2021 at Desert Financial Arena (AZ). The matchup airs on ESPN. The point total is set at 153.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Arizona (-2.5)||Under (153.5)||Arizona 77 Arizona State 73|
- In five of 13 opportunities (38.5%) this season, the Wildcats and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 153.5 points.
- Arizona State and its opponents have combined to score more than 153.5 points in 50% of their games this year (five of 10 chances).
- The Wildcats and the Sun Devils combine to average 2.3 more points per game than the over/under of 153.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 144.6 points per game, 8.9 less than the point total for this game.
- The Wildcats average point total in outings this season is 147.6, 5.9 points less than the total in this game.
- The average total for Sun Devils games this season is 0.7 fewer points than the point total of 153.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Wildcats record 80 points per contest, only three more points than the 77 the Sun Devils allow their opponents.
- Arizona is 5-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall when scoring more than 77 points.
- In games Arizona State allows more than 80 points, it is 0-5 against the spread and 1-4 overall.
- The Sun Devils put up an average of 75.8 points per game, 8.2 more points than the 67.6 the Wildcats give up.
- When it scores more than 67.6 points, Arizona State is 0-0 against the spread and 4-4 overall.
- Arizona has an ATS record of 0-4 and a 1-3 record overall when its opponents score more than 75.8 points.
- The Wildcats have put up a total of 161 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 12.4 per game), while the Sun Devils have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 12 total points, -1.2 per game).
Arizona Betting Information
- Arizona has not performed well against the spread this season, posting a 5-8 record.
- The Wildcats have posted a losing record of 4-7 against the spread when the spread is -2.5 or higher.
- In 9 of 13 (69.2%) contests this season, Arizona and its opponents have hit the over.
Arizona State Betting Information
- The Sun Devils have a 0-9 record against the spread, covering in only zero% of their matchups.
- The Sun Devils have not fared well as a 2.5-point underdog, going 0-5 against the spread when they are at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Arizona State and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 5 of 9 (55.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-65 ASU|
|1/4/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-47 ARZ|
- The leader in points and assists for the Wildcats is James Akinjo, who scores 13.5 points and dishes out 5.7 assists per game.
- Azuolas Tubelis is the Wildcats best rebounder, hauling in an average of 6.0 boards in each contest while scoring 11.2 points per game.
- Jemarl Baker Jr. contributes the bulk of the Wildcats’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 2.0 threes per game to lead the squad.
- Akinjo is Arizona’s leader in steals, averaging 1.8 steals per game, while Christian Koloko leads them in blocks with 1.2 per contest.
Arizona State Leaders
- Josh Christopher is at the top of the Sun Devils scoring leaderboard with 16.5 points per game. He also pulls down 5.3 rebounds and dishes out 1.5 assists per game.
- Marcus Bagley is atop the Sun Devils rebounding leaderboard with 7.0 rebounds per game, and Remy Martin leads the team in assists with 4.1 per contest.
- Bagley hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Sun Devils, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 2.7 per game.
- Alonzo Verge Jr. (1.5 steals per game) and Jalen Graham (1.9 blocks per game) lead the Sun Devils in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds