The Boston University Terriers (0-0) hit the road in Patriot play against the Holy Cross Crusaders (0-0) on Monday, January 4, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET. The Terriers are favored by 9.5 points in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under of 140 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Terriers and their opponents scored at least 140 points — this matchup’s point total — in 16 of 34 games (47.1%) last season.
- Holy Cross and its opponents added up to score at least 140 points in 59.4% of their games last year (19 of 32 opportunities).
- The Terriers and the Crusaders combined to average 3.3 fewer points per game last year than the total of 140 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams averaged a combined six more points per game last season (146) than this matchup’s over/under of 140 points.
- The average point total in Terriers games last year was 2.4 less points than the total of 140 in this matchup.
- Crusaders games last season averaged a total of 145.1 points, 5.1 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- Last year, the 70.9 points per game the Terriers recorded were 8.4 fewer points than the Crusaders allowed (79.3).
- When Boston University totaled more than 79.3 points last season, it put together a record of 5-0 against the spread and 7-0 overall.
- When Holy Cross’ opponents totaled more than 70.9 points last season, it finished 7-10 against the spread and 1-23 overall.
- The Crusaders averaged only 0.9 fewer points per game last year (65.8) than the Terriers allowed their opponents to score (66.7).
- Holy Cross went 2-12 overall and 7-0 against the spread when it scored more than 66.7 points last season.
- Boston University had a 10-8 record overall and an ATS record of 6-8 last season when its opponents scored more than 65.8 points.
- The Terriers put up a total of 141 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 4.2 per game), while the Crusaders were out-scored by opponents on average last year (by 431 total points, -13.5 per game).
Boston University Betting Information
- The Terriers struggled to an extent against the spread last year, putting up an 8-16 record.
- The Terriers posted a winning record of 1-0 against the spread when the spread was -9.5 or higher.
- The Terriers combined with their opponents to go over the total in 11 of 24 contests last season, a rate of 45.8%
Holy Cross Betting Information
- The Crusaders had a losing record against the spread, going 11-13 ATS (covering only 45.8% of the time).
- In the majority of Crusaders games last season, the teams combined to hit the over (15 out of 24 games, 62.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-68 BU|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-64 BU|
Boston University Leaders
- Walter Whyte put up 13.0 points and 7.4 rebounds per game last season.
- Javante McCoy dished out 3.4 assists per game while scoring 12.2 PPG.
- Whyte knocked down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.8 per contest a season ago.
- Jonas Harper averaged 1.0 steal per game, while Whyte compiled 0.5 rejections per contest.
Holy Cross Leaders
- Austin Butler put up 11.8 points, 6.2 boards and 2.4 assists per game last season.
- Ryan Wade hit an average of 1.4 threes from deep per game last season.
- Butler averaged 1.0 steal per game, while Matt Faw collected 1.4 blocks per contest.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found