The Portland Pilots (5-5) will attempt to stop a four-game losing streak when they visit the BYU Cougars (10-2) on Thursday, January 21, 2021 at Marriott Center as big, 22-point underdogs. The game airs at 9:00 PM ET on CBS Sports. The over/under in the matchup is set at 149.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Portland (+22)||Under (149)||BYU 85 Portland 63|
- In 16.7% of their opportunities this season (two of 12 chances), the Cougars and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 149 points.
- In six of 10 opportunities (60%) this year, Portland and its opponents have combined to score more than 149 points.
- These teams average a combined 150.9 points per game, 1.9 more points than the total of 149 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.2 fewer points per game (146.8) than this game’s over/under of 149 points.
- The average point total in Cougars games this season is 7.3 less points than the over/under of 149 in this matchup.
- Pilots games this year have averaged an over/under of 156.1 points, 7.1 more than the point total in this matchup.
BYU Betting Information
- The Cougars have been solid against the spread this season, earning a 7-3 record.
- The Cougars fare well when favored by at least 22 points, posting a 1-0 record against the spread.
- The Cougars have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 4 of 10 contests this season, a rate of 40%
Portland Betting Information
- The Pilots have a losing record against the spread, going 3-4 ATS (covering only 42.9% of the time).
- In the majority of Pilots games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (4 out of 7 games, 57.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/6/2020||BYU||-16.5||152||-2400||+1036||Regular Season||85-54 BYU|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||96-70 BYU|
- The Cougars leader in points and assists is Alex Barcello, who puts up 16.3 points per game to go with 4.4 assists.
- BYU’s best rebounder is Caleb Lohner, who averages 6.7 boards per game in addition to his 5.6 PPG average.
- Barcello makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cougars, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.2 per contest.
- The BYU steals leader is Brandon Averette, who averages 1.0 steal per game, while its blocks leader is Matt Haarms, who compiles 1.8 rejections per contest.
- The Pilots’ Ahmed Ali averages enough points (17.8 per game) and assists (3.1 per game) to sit atop the team’s leaderboards.
- Eddie Davis is at the top of the Portland rebounding leaderboard with 5.2 rebounds per game. He also racks up 12.1 points and adds 1.2 assists per game.
- Ali makes 1.8 three-pointers per game, the most on the Pilots.
- The Pilots’ leader in steals is Isiah Dasher with 1.6 per game, and Hayden Curtiss is their leader in blocks with 1.2 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds