A pair of struggling teams hit the court when the California Golden Bears (5-7) host the Washington Huskies (1-8) on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at 3:00 PM ET. The Golden Bears are 2.5-point favorites as they look to break a three-game losing streak against the Huskies, losers of five straight. The point total in the matchup is set at 136.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Cal (-2.5)||Under (136)||Cal 70 Washington 65|
- In 50% of their games this season (six of 12 chances), the Golden Bears and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s over/under of 136 points.
- In five of nine opportunities (55.6%) this year, Washington has combined with its opponents to score more than 136 points.
- The Golden Bears and the Huskies combine to average 6.7 fewer points per game than the total of 136 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 141.9 points per game, 5.9 more than the point total for this game.
- The Golden Bears average point total in outings this season is 135.8, 0.2 points less than the total in this game.
- Huskies games this year have averaged a total of 135.3 points, 0.7 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 67.6 points per game the Golden Bears score are 6.1 fewer points than the Huskies allow (73.7).
- Cal is 2-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread when scoring more than 73.7 points.
- Washington is 1-5 against the spread and 0-6 overall when giving up more than 67.6 points.
- The Huskies put up 6.5 fewer points per game (61.7) than the Golden Bears allow (68.2).
- Washington is 2-0 against the spread and 1-3 overall when it scores more than 68.2 points.
- Cal is 2-6 against the spread and 2-7 overall when it gives up more than 61.7 points.
- The Golden Bears have been out-scored by seven points this season (0.6 points per game on average), and opponents of the Huskies have out-scored them by 108 more points on the year (12 per game).
Cal Betting Information
- The Golden Bears have struggled a bit against the spread this season, putting up a 4-6 record.
- The Golden Bears have posted a winning record of 2-1 against the spread when the spread is -2.5 or bigger.
- In 7 of 10 (70%) contests this season, Cal and its opponents have hit the total.
Washington Betting Information
- The Huskies have a losing record against the spread, going 2-7 ATS (covering only 22.2% of the time).
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Huskies have not fared well, going 1-3 against the spread.
- Washington has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 44.4% of matchups this year (4 out of 9 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/22/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-52 WASH|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||61-58 CAL|
- Matt Bradley leads the Golden Bears in scoring, tallying 17.8 points per game to go with 4.7 rebounds and 1.8 assists.
- Cal’s leading rebounder is Andre Kelly averaging 6.2 boards per game and its best passer is Joel Brown and his 3.8 assists per game.
- Makale Foreman contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Golden Bears. He knocks down 2.2 threes per game.
- Brown is Cal’s leader in steals, averaging 1.8 steals per game, while Grant Anticevich leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
- Quade Green’s points (15.4 per game) and assists (3.1 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Huskies’ leaderboards.
- Nate Roberts grabs 7.4 rebounds per game (he also scores 6.2 points per game and adds 0.4 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Washington rebounding leaderboard.
- Foreman leads his teammates on the Huskies with 1.6 made threes per outing.
- The Huskies’ leader in steals is Green with 1.7 per game, and Hameir Wright is their leader in blocks with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found