The No. 21 Duke Blue Devils (3-2) host the Boston College Eagles (2-7) in a matchup of ACC teams at Cameron Indoor Stadium, tipping off at 8:30 PM ET on Wednesday, January 6, 2021. The Eagles are 12.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The point total is 149.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Boston College (+12.5)||Over (149.5)||Duke 76 Boston College 75|
- The Blue Devils and their opponents have recorded more than 149.5 points in 320% of their outings this year (16 of five opportunities).
- In five of nine outings (55.6%) this season, Boston College and its opponents have combined to score at least 149.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 147.1 points per game, 2.4 less points than the over/under of 149.5 set for this game.
- The Blue Devils and the Eagles have seen their opponents average a combined 1.2 more points per game than the point total of 149.5 set in this outing.
- The average total the Blue Devils have had set in matchups this year is 6.1 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Eagles this year is 4.9 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Blue Devils record 7.3 fewer points per game (73.8) than the Eagles allow (81.1).
- Duke has a 0-0 record against the spread and a 0-0 record overall when scoring more than 81.1 points.
- When Boston College gives up more than 73.8 points, it is 3-3 against the spread and 0-7 overall.
- The Eagles put up an average of 73.3 points per game, only 3.7 more points than the 69.6 the Blue Devils allow to opponents.
- Boston College is 2-0 against the spread and 1-4 overall when it scores more than 69.6 points.
- Duke’s record is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall when it gives up more than 73.3 points.
- The Blue Devils have totaled 21 more points than their opponents this season (4.2 per game on average), while the Eagles have been out-scored by 70 total points (7.8 per game average differential).
Duke Betting Information
- Duke has covered in just one of four matchups this season.
- The Blue Devils have posted a losing record of 0-1 against the spread when the spread is -12.5 or higher.
- Duke and its foes have combined to reach or surpass the over in 2 of 4 games this season (50%).
Boston College Betting Information
- The Eagles have an even record against the spread, going 4-4 ATS.
- When they are at least 12.5-point underdogs, the Eagles have not fared well, going 0-1 against the spread.
- In the majority of Eagles games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (5 out of 8 games, 62.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/4/2020||Duke||-14.5||147||-1644||834||Regular Season||63-55 DUKE|
|12/31/2019||Duke||-21.5||140.5||-8700||1700||Regular Season||88-49 DUKE|
|2/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-55 DUKE|
- Matthew Hurt leads the Blue Devils in scoring, tallying 18.8 points per game to go with 7.6 rebounds and 1.2 assists.
- Jalen Johnson leads the Blue Devils in rebounding, averaging 8.3 per game, while Jordan Goldwire leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.4 in each contest.
- DJ Steward’s 2.0 made threes per game lead the Blue Devils.
- Goldwire and Johnson lead Duke on the defensive end, with Goldwire leading the team in steals averaging 2.4 per game and Johnson in blocks averaging 2.0 per contest.
Boston College Leaders
- Wynston Tabbs is the top scorer for the Eagles with 15.6 points per game. He also adds 3.2 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game to his stats.
- The Eagles’ leader in rebounds is Steffon Mitchell with 6.7 per contest, and their leader in assists is Makai Ashton-Langford with 2.7 per game.
- Jay Heath provides the most three-point shooting production for the Eagles. He knocks down 2.4 threes per game.
- Ashton-Langford (1.8 steals per game) is the steal leader for Boston College while CJ Felder (1.6 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found