The Eastern Illinois Panthers (3-4) host the Austin Peay Governors (4-4) as 1-point favorites after Josiah Wallace racked up 22 points in the Panthers 92-88 victory over Western Illinois. The matchup is at 5:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021. The over/under in the matchup is set at 149.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Eastern Illinois (-1)||Under (149)||Eastern Illinois 76 Austin Peay 69|
- In two of seven opportunities (28.6%) this season, the Panthers and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 149 points.
- Austin Peay has played in three games this year (out of eight total matchups — 37.5% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 149 points.
- The two teams average a combined 1.8 less points per game (147.2) than this matchup’s over/under of 149 points.
- The Panthers and the Governors have seen their opponents average a combined 4.5 less points per game than the point total of 149 set in this matchup.
- The average point total in Panthers games this season is two less points than the over/under of 149 in this matchup.
- Governors games this season have averaged a total of 144.8 points, 4.2 less than the point total in this matchup.
Eastern Illinois Betting Information
- The Panthers have struggled a bit against the spread this season, putting up a 2-5 record.
- The Panthers have struggled to cover, going just 0-4 ATS when favored by at least 1 points.
- Eastern Illinois has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 3 times in 7 contests (42.9%).
Austin Peay Betting Information
- Austin Peay has a losing record against the spread, going 1-5 ATS (covering just 16.7% of the time).
- When they are at least 1-point underdogs, the Governors have not fared well, going 0-4 against the spread.
- Austin Peay has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 50% of matchups this season (3 out of 6 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/5/2020||Austin Peay||-6||143||-278||+211||Conference Tournament||76-65 AUSP|
|2/22/2020||Austin Peay||-4||147||-191||+149||Regular Season||83-80 EILL|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-64 AUSP|
Eastern Illinois Leaders
- Wallace leads the Panthers in scoring, tallying 17.9 points per game to go with 4.1 rebounds and 2.9 assists.
- George Dixon is Eastern Illinois’ leading rebounder, pulling down 7.2 per game, while Marvin Johnson is its best passer, distributing 3.9 assists in each contest.
- Mack Smith’s 2.2 made threes per game lead the Panthers.
- The Eastern Illinois steals leader is Dixon, who averages 2.1 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Jordan Skipper-Brown, who compiles 1.3 rejections per contest.
Austin Peay Leaders
- Terry Taylor holds the top spot on the Governors leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 19.5 points and 10.8 rebounds per game.
- Carlos Paez’s assist statline paces Austin Peay; he records 3.6 assists per game.
- Reginald Gee leads the Governors in three-point shooting with an average of 1.5 made threes per game.
- Alec Woodard (1.2 steals per game) and Mike Peake (1.0 block per game) lead the Governors in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found