The Eastern Illinois Panthers (3-8) will attempt to end a four-game losing streak when they visit the Tennessee State Tigers (2-7) at 5:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021 as 2.5-point favorites. The Tigers have also lost four games in a row. The matchup’s point total is 139.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Eastern Illinois (-2.5)||Over (139.5)||Eastern Illinois 73 Tennessee State 70|
- The Panthers and their opponents have put up more than 139.5 points in 63.6% of their outings this season (seven of 11 opportunities).
- Tennessee State has played in four games this season (out of nine total matchups — 44.4% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 139.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 0.8 more points per game (140.3) than this matchup’s total of 139.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 148.3 points per game, 8.8 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The average point total in Panthers games this season is 10.0 more points than the over/under of 139.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Tigers this season is 0.4 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Eastern Illinois Betting Information
- Eastern Illinois has struggled against the spread, going 2-9 on the year.
- The Panthers have posted a losing record of 0-5 against the spread when the spread is -2.5 or higher.
- The Panthers have combined with their opponents to go above the total in 45.5% of their games this season (5 of 11 contests).
Tennessee State Betting Information
- Tennessee State has a losing record against the spread, going 2-6 ATS (covering just 25% of the time).
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Tigers have a record ATS of 1-2.
- The Tigers and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this year — 2 of 8 (25%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/2/2020||Tennessee State||-2||146||-137||+113||Regular Season||84-79 TNST|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-60 TNST|
Eastern Illinois Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Panthers this season is Josiah Wallace, who averages 16.8 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game.
- George Dixon leads the Panthers in rebounding, averaging 6.3 per game, while Marvin Johnson leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.2 in each contest.
- Mack Smith connects on more threes per game than any other member of the Panthers, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 2.1 per contest.
- Dixon and Jordan Skipper-Brown lead the Panthers on the defensive end, with Dixon leading the team in steals averaging 1.8 per game and Skipper-Brown in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
Tennessee State Leaders
- Mark Freeman’s points (13.9 per game) and assists (3.9 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Tigers’ leaderboards.
- Yusuf Mohamed grabs 5.4 rebounds per game (he also scores 6.0 points per game and adds 0.5 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Tennessee State rebounding leaderboard.
- Marcus Fitzgerald Jr.’s 2.0 made threes per game lead the Tigers.
- The Tigers’ leader in steals is Freeman with 1.5 per game, and Mason Green is their leader in blocks with 0.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Elite Eight March Madness Odds: UConn Vs Gonzaga Betting Analysis & Prediction
- Florida Atlantic vs Kansas State in March Madness: Odds, Analysis and Trends for Elite Eight
- Miami vs Houston in March Madness: Odds, Analysis and Trends for Sweet 16
- March Madness Odds: Sweet 16 Betting Analysis for Xavier vs Texas
- March Madness Odds: Sweet 16 Betting Analysis for Princeton vs. Creighton