The Georgia State Panthers (6-1) will try to build on a four-game win streak when they visit the Appalachian State Mountaineers (8-4) on Friday, January 22, 2021 at Holmes Convocation Center as 5.5-point favorites. The contest airs at 6:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup’s point total is 142.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Appalachian State (+5.5)||Over (142.5)||Georgia State 76 Appalachian State 71|
- In 71.4% of their opportunities this season (five of seven chances), the Panthers and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 142.5 points.
- Appalachian State and its opponents have combined to score at least 142.5 points in three of 12 outings (25%) this year.
- The two teams average a combined 24.5 more points per game (167) than this game’s over/under of 142.5 points.
- The Panthers and the Mountaineers have seen their opponents average a combined 4.9 fewer points per game than the point total of 142.5 set in this outing.
- The Panthers average point total in outings this year is 170.1, 27.6 points higher than the total in this game.
- Mountaineers games this year have averaged a total of 134.5 points, 8.0 less than the point total in this matchup.
Georgia State Betting Information
- Georgia State has covered about half the time against spread this season, covering two times in four contests.
- When favored by at least 5.5 points, the Panthers have struggled to a 0-1 record ATS this season.
- The Panthers have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 1 times in 4 games this season.
Appalachian State Betting Information
- Appalachian State has a winning record against the spread, going 5-2-1 ATS (covering 62.5% of the time).
- When they are at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Mountaineers have fared well, going 1-0 against the spread.
- In 4 out of Mountaineers 8 games this year, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/13/2020||Georgia State||-5.5||144.5||-246||+194||Regular Season||76-65 GAST|
|1/2/2020||Appalachian State||-3||143||-158||+130||Regular Season||69-60 GAST|
|2/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-75 GAST|
Georgia State Leaders
- Corey Allen leads the Panthers in scoring, tallying 15.4 points per game to go with 4.4 rebounds and 2.2 assists.
- Eliel Nsoseme is Georgia State’s leading rebounder, grabbing 10.5 per game, while Justin Roberts is its best passer, distributing 4.8 assists in each contest.
- Allen’s 3.5 made threes per game lead the Panthers.
- Roberts and Jalen Thomas lead the Panthers on the defensive end, with Roberts leading the team in steals averaging 2.0 per game and Thomas in blocks averaging 1.7 per contest.
Appalachian State Leaders
- Adrian Delph sits at the top of the Mountaineers scoring leaderboard with 12.9 points per game. He also collects 3.7 rebounds and averages 1.6 assists per game.
- Appalachian State’s leader in rebounds is Donovan Gregory with 4.8 per game, and its leader in assists is Justin Forrest with 3.0 per game.
- Delph knocks down 2.3 three-pointers per game, the most on the Mountaineers.
- Gregory (1.5 steals per game) is the steal leader for Appalachian State while James Lewis (0.9 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds