The Southern Jaguars (0-4) will attempt to end a four-game losing streak when they hit the road to take on the Grambling Tigers (2-4) on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at Fredrick C. Hobdy Assembly Center as just 1.5-point underdogs. The contest airs at 6:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 136.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Grambling (-1.5)||Over (136.5)||Grambling 72 Southern 68|
- The Tigers and their opponents have combined to score more than 136.5 points in 33.3% of their outings this season (two of six opportunities).
- Southern and its opponents have added up to score more than 136.5 points in 50% of their matchups this season (two of four chances).
- The two teams average a combined 15.7 less points per game (120.8) than this game’s over/under of 136.5 points.
- The Tigers and the Jaguars have seen their opponents average a combined 22.5 more points per game than the point total of 136.5 set in this matchup.
- The average over/under the Tigers have had set in matchups this season is 6.5 less points than this outing’s point total.
- Jaguars games this year have averaged a total of 149.8 points, 13.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Grambling Betting Information
- The Tigers have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 2-3 record.
- The Tigers have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 2 of 5 games (40%).
Southern Betting Information
- Southern has covered the spread in fewer than half of its contests, going 1-2 ATS.
- Southern has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 66.7% of matchups this season (2 out of 3 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-62 GRMBST|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||61-56 GRMBST|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||59-40 GRMBST|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-63 GRMBST|
- The Tigers leader in points and rebounds is Cameron Christon, who scores 13.4 points and pulls down 5.3 boards per game.
- Trevell Cunningham leads Grambling in assists, averaging 5.4 per game while also scoring 5.8 points per contest.
- Christon hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Tigers, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 1.8 per outing.
- Terreon Randolph is Grambling’s leader in steals, averaging 2.0 steals per game, while Brian Thomas leads them in blocks with 1.3 per contest.
- Jayden Saddler is at the top of almost all of the Jaguars’ leaderboards by averaging 11.0 points, 6.3 rebounds and 4.3 assists per game.
- Ahsante Shivers provides the bulk of the Jaguars’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 1.0 three per game to pace the squad.
- The Jaguars’ leader in steals is Shivers with 1.8 per game, and Damiree Burns is their leader in blocks with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found