The No. 7 Iowa Hawkeyes (12-3) are just 2-point underdogs as they attempt to continue a three-game road win streak when they take on the No. 19 Illinois Fighting Illini (10-5) on Friday, January 29, 2021 at State Farm Center. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET on FS1. The point total is set at 162.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Iowa (+2)||Under (162.5)||Iowa 80 Illinois 79|
- The Fighting Illini and their opponents have combined to record more than 162.5 points in 26.7% of their outings this year (four of 15 opportunities).
- Iowa and its opponents have combined to score more than 162.5 points in 46.7% of their matchups this season (seven of 15 chances).
- The Fighting Illini and the Hawkeyes combine to average 11.1 more points per game than the over/under of 162.5 set for this matchup.
- The Fighting Illini and the Hawkeyes have seen their opponents average a combined 19.9 less points per game than the point total of 162.5 set for this matchup.
- The Fighting Illini average point total in matchups this year is 151.7, 10.8 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under in Hawkeyes games this year is 1.9 more points than the point total of 162.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Fighting Illini score 9.2 more points per game (82.9) than the Hawkeyes give up (73.7).
- When Illinois totals more than 73.7 points, it is 8-3 overall and 7-0 against the spread.
- In games Iowa gives up more than 82.9 points, it is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall.
- The Hawkeyes put up 21.8 more points per game (90.7) than the Fighting Illini give up to opponents (68.9).
- Iowa has put together a 12-3 overall record and a 9-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 68.9 points.
- Illinois has a 0-1 record overall and an ATS record of 0-1 in games when its opponents score more than 90.7 points.
- The Fighting Illini have totaled 210 more points than their opponents this season (14 per game on average), and the Hawkeyes have scored 254 more points than their opponents (17 per game).
Illinois Betting Information
- Illinois has been good against the spread this season, posting an 8-6-1 record.
- The Fighting Illini have posted a winning record of 7-5-1 against the spread when the spread is -2 or bigger.
- In 9 of 15 (60%) contests this season, Illinois and its opponents have hit the total.
Iowa Betting Information
- Iowa has a 9-5 record against the spread, covering in 64.3% of their games.
- When they are at least 2-point underdogs, the Hawkeyes have a record ATS of 9-4.
- Iowa and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 9 of 14 (64.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/8/2020||Illinois||-4||148||-188||+152||Regular Season||78-76 ILL|
|2/2/2020||Iowa||-4.5||146.5||-208||+168||Regular Season||72-65 IOWA|
|1/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||95-71 IOWA|
- The Fighting Illini leader in points and assists is Ayo Dosunmu, who scores 21.7 points per game along with 4.9 assists.
- Kofi Cockburn leads Illinois in rebounding, grabbing 10.3 rebounds per game while also scoring 17.4 points a contest.
- Adam Miller makes more threes per game than any other member of the Fighting Illini, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
- Trent Frazier is Illinois’ leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Cockburn leads them in blocks with 1.5 per contest.
- The Hawkeyes’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Luka Garza with 26.9 points and 8.9 rebounds per game.
- The Hawkeyes’ top assist machine is Jordan Bohannon with a stat line of 4.7 assists, 9.8 points, and 3.6 rebounds per game.
- Bohannon’s 2.6 made threes per game lead the Hawkeyes.
- Joe Toussaint (1.1 steals per game) is the steal leader for Iowa while Garza (1.8 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds