The No. 9 seed Iona Gaels (9-5) are favored by 1.5 points when they play the No. 1 seed Siena Saints (12-4) in the MAAC Tournament quarterfinals Wednesday at Boardwalk Hall, starting at 5:00 PM ET on ESPN+. A guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket is on the line as these teams look to claim the MAAC championship.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Gaels and their opponents have combined to put up more than 137.5 points in 64.3% of their outings this season (nine of 14 opportunities).
- Siena has combined with its opponents to score more than 137.5 points in eight of 16 opportunities (50%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 5.6 more points per game (143.1) than this game’s total of 137.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.9 less points per game (131.6) than this game’s total of 137.5 points.
- The average over/under the Gaels have had set in games this year is 5.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Saints games this year have averaged an over/under of 132.1 points, 5.4 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 74.5 points per game the Gaels record are 11 more points than the Saints allow (63.5).
- Iona is 9-4 overall and 9-0 against the spread when scoring more than 63.5 points.
- In games when Siena gives up more than 74.5 points, it is 0-2 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- The Saints score just 0.5 more points per game (68.6) than the Gaels allow (68.1).
- Siena is 8-1 overall and 4-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 68.1 points.
- Iona has a 2-4 record overall and an ATS record of 2-4 in games when its opponents put up more than 68.6 points.
- The Gaels have totaled 89 more points than their opponents this season (6.4 per game on average), and the Saints have scored 81 more points than their opponents (5.1 per game).
Iona Betting Information
- Against the spread, Iona has been strong this season, posting a 9-5 record.
- The Gaels have posted a winning record of 6-4 against the spread when the spread is -1.5 or bigger.
- In 8 of 14 (57.1%) contests this season, Iona and its opponents have hit the total.
Siena Betting Information
- Siena has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its outings, going 7-9 ATS.
- The Saints have not fared well as a 1.5-point underdog, going 7-9 against the spread when they are at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- In 8 out of Siena’s 16 games this season, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/19/2020||Siena||-6||144.5||-272||+216||Regular Season||65-64 SIENA|
|1/31/2020||Iona||-1.5||146||-124||+101||Regular Season||87-64 SIENA|
|2/13/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||57-52 IONA|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||56-54 SIENA|
- Isaiah Ross leads the Gaels in scoring, tallying 20.1 points per game to go with 3.3 rebounds and 1.6 assists.
- Nelly Junior Joseph is the Gaels leading rebounder, grabbing 7.2 per game, while Asante Gist is their best passer, distributing 3.8 assists in each contest.
- Ross leads the Gaels in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.8 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Berrick JeanLouis and Joseph lead the Gaels on the defensive end, with JeanLouis leading the team in steals averaging 2.4 per game and Joseph in blocks averaging 1.6 per contest.
- Manny Camper collects 14.6 points and 10.0 rebounds per game for the Saints, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Jalen Pickett’s assist statline leads Siena; he dishes out 4.8 assists per game.
- Pickett is dependable from deep and leads the Saints with 2.1 made threes per game.
- Nick Hopkins (1.3 steals per game) is the steal leader for Siena while Pickett (1.2 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds