The No. 5 Iowa Hawkeyes (11-2) are 9.5-point favorites as they look to extend a four-game win streak when they visit the Northwestern Wildcats (6-5) on Sunday, January 17, 2021 at Welsh-Ryan Arena. The matchup airs at 12:00 PM ET on CBS. The matchup’s over/under is set at 157.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 61.5% of their games this season (eight of 13 chances), the Hawkeyes and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 157.5 points.
- Northwestern and its opponents have added up to score at least 157.5 points in 18.2% of their matchups this season (two of 11 chances).
- The Hawkeyes and the Wildcats combine to average 12.8 more points per game than the over/under of 157.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 143.2 points per game, 14.3 less than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average over/under the Hawkeyes have had set in matchups this year is 7.7 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under for Wildcats games this year is 9.1 less points than the point total of 157.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Hawkeyes score 91.9 points per game, 21.9 more points than the 70 the Wildcats allow.
- Iowa is 8-0 against the spread and 11-2 overall when scoring more than 70 points.
- Northwestern has a 0-0 record against the spread and a 0-0 record overall when allowing more than 91.9 points.
- The Wildcats score an average of 78.4 points per game, 5.2 more points than the 73.2 the Hawkeyes give up to opponents.
- Northwestern has put together a 3-0 ATS record and a 5-0 overall record in games it scores more than 73.2 points.
- Iowa’s record is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it allows more than 78.4 points.
- The Hawkeyes have totaled 243 more points than their opponents this season (18.7 per game on average), and the Wildcats have scored 92 more points than their opponents (8.4 per game).
Iowa Betting Information
- Iowa has been strong against the spread, going 8-4 this season.
- The Hawkeyes have posted a winning record of 5-1 against the spread when the spread is -9.5 or higher.
- Iowa has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 8 of 12 games for a 66.7% rate.
Northwestern Betting Information
- The Wildcats have a 4-5 record against the spread, covering in only 44.4% of their matchups.
- When they are at least 9.5-point underdogs, the Wildcats have fared well, going 1-0 against the spread.
- In most of Northwestern’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (4 out of 9 games, 44.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/29/2020||Iowa||-11||161||-754||+500||Regular Season||87-72 IOWA|
|1/14/2020||Iowa||-5.5||141.5||-244||+194||Regular Season||75-62 IOWA|
|2/10/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-79 IOWA|
|1/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-63 IOWA|
- Luka Garza leads the Hawkeyes in scoring and rebounding, putting up 27.6 points and 8.6 boards per game.
- Jordan Bohannon leads the Hawkeyes in assists, averaging 4.9 per game while also scoring 10.5 points per contest.
- Bohannon leads the Hawkeyes in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.8 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Joe Toussaint is Iowa’s leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Garza leads them in blocks with 1.8 per contest.
- Miller Kopp puts up 14.0 points per game and is the top scorer for the Wildcats.
- Northwestern’s leader in rebounds is Ryan Young with 5.8 per game, and its leader in assists is Boo Buie with 5.0 per game.
- Kopp provides the most three-point shooting production for the Wildcats. He knocks down 1.9 threes per game.
- Northwestern’s leader in steals is Kopp with 1.0 per game, and its leader in blocks is Pete Nance with 0.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Elite Eight March Madness Odds: UConn Vs Gonzaga Betting Analysis & Prediction
- Florida Atlantic vs Kansas State in March Madness: Odds, Analysis and Trends for Elite Eight
- Miami vs Houston in March Madness: Odds, Analysis and Trends for Sweet 16
- March Madness Odds: Sweet 16 Betting Analysis for Xavier vs Texas
- March Madness Odds: Sweet 16 Betting Analysis for Princeton vs. Creighton