The Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions (3-19) are expected to extend an 11-game losing streak when they host the Jackson State Tigers (8-5) as 8.5-point underdogs at 8:30 PM ET on Monday, March 1, 2021 at H. O. Clemmons Arena. The matchup has an over/under set at 129 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UAPB (+8.5)||Over (129)||Jackson State 70 UAPB 64|
- In 46.2% of their opportunities this year (six of 13 chances), the Tigers and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 129 points.
- UAPB has played in 17 games this season (out of 22 total matchups — 77.3% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 129 points.
- The two teams average a combined 3.7 less points per game (125.3) than this matchup’s total of 129 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 13.9 more points per game (142.9) than this matchup’s over/under of 129 points.
- The Tigers average point total in matchups this season is 128.5, 0.5 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under in Golden Lions games this season is 10.6 more points than the point total of 129 in this outing.
Jackson State Betting Information
- Jackson State has struggled against the spread, going 6-7 on the year.
- The Tigers have posted a losing record of 1-2 against the spread when the spread is -8.5 or bigger.
- The Tigers have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 6 of 13 games (46.2%).
UAPB Betting Information
- UAPB has covered the spread in greater than half of its contests, going 11-8-2 ATS.
- When they are at least 8.5-point underdogs, the Golden Lions have fared well, going 1-0 against the spread.
- In the majority of UAPB’s games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (11 out of 21 games, 52.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/1/2021||Jackson State||-11.5||136||-834||+550||Regular Season||63-55 JXST|
|3/2/2020||Jackson State||-11.5||118||-830||+548||Regular Season||76-56 JXST|
|2/3/2020||Jackson State||-6.5||124.5||-307||+237||Regular Season||49-45 JXST|
|3/4/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||57-56 JXST|
|2/4/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-52 JXST|
Jackson State Leaders
- Tristan Jarrett leads the Tigers in scoring, tallying 19.8 points per game to go with 5.4 rebounds and 1.5 assists.
- Jackson State’s leading rebounder is Jayveous McKinnis averaging 12.8 boards per game and its best passer is Jonas James and his 3.0 assists per game.
- Jarrett makes more threes per game than any other member of the Tigers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.4 per contest.
- The Jackson State steals leader is Jarrett, who averages 1.6 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is McKinnis, who compiles 2.3 rejections per contest.
- The Golden Lions’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Shaun Doss with 16.4 points and 6.2 rebounds per game.
- Joshuwan Johnson’s assist statline paces UAPB; he dishes out 3.4 assists per game.
- Nicholas Jones leads the Golden Lions in three-point shooting with an average of 1.2 made threes per game.
- The Golden Lions’ leader in steals is Johnson with 1.2 per game, and Markedric Bell is their leader in blocks with 1.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds