The Kent State Golden Flashes (10-2) will try to extend a three-game winning streak when they host the Akron Zips (8-4) on Friday, February 5, 2021 at MAC Center as just 1.5-point favorites. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPNU. The matchup has an over/under of 150.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Kent State (-1.5)||Over (150.5)||Kent State 78 Akron 73|
- In 50% of their games this season (six of 12 chances), the Golden Flashes and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s point total of 150.5 points.
- Akron has played in four games this season (out of 12 total matchups — 33.3% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 150.5 points.
- The Golden Flashes and the Zips combine to average 11.9 more points per game than the over/under of 150.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 141 points per game, 9.5 less than the point total in this game.
- The Golden Flashes average point total in matchups this season is 155.2, 4.7 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average total for Zips games this year is 2.3 less points than the point total of 150.5 in this outing.
Kent State Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Golden Flashes have covered seven times in 10 contests.
- The Golden Flashes fare well when favored by at least 1.5 points, posting a 5-2-1 record against the spread.
- Golden Flashes games have played to the total or above 5 times in 10 games this season.
Akron Betting Information
- Akron has a 6-4 record against the spread, covering in 60.0% of their games.
- When they are at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Zips have fared well, going 4-2 against the spread.
- Akron and its opponents have hit the over in half of their games this year — 5 of 10.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/6/2020||Akron||-5.5||143||-253||+200||Regular Season||79-76 AKRON|
|1/31/2020||Kent State||-1.5||145.5||-127||+103||Regular Season||68-67 KENTST|
|3/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-65 KENTST|
|2/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-53 AKRON|
Kent State Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Golden Flashes is Danny Pippen, who puts up 21.6 points and 8.8 rebounds per game.
- Kent State’s best passer is Giovanni Santiago, who averages 4.1 assists per game to go with his 8.1 PPG scoring average.
- Michael Nuga’s 2.8 made threes per game lead the Golden Flashes.
- Malique Jacobs and Pippen lead Kent State on the defensive end, with Jacobs leading the team in steals averaging 1.7 per game and Pippen in blocks averaging 1.5 per contest.
- Loren Cristian Jackson’s points (21.4 per game) and assists (6.5 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Zips’ leaderboards.
- Enrique Freeman’s stat line of 9.5 rebounds, 8.4 points and 0.3 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Akron rebounding leaderboard.
- Bryan Trimble Jr. knocks down 3.1 three-pointers per game, the most on the Zips.
- Akron’s leader in steals is Trimble (0.9 per game), and its leader in blocks is Freeman (1.4 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds