The Houston Baptist Huskies (1-7) will attempt to stop a three-game losing streak when they visit the Lamar Cardinals (1-7) at 3:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021 as 6-point underdogs. The Cardinals have also lost three games in a row. The matchup has a point total of 151.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Houston Baptist (+6)||Under (151)||Lamar 73 Houston Baptist 72|
- The Cardinals and their opponents have recorded more than 151 points in 12.5% of their outings this season (one of eight opportunities).
- Houston Baptist has played in four games this year (out of eight total matchups — 50% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 151 points.
- The two teams average a combined 23.4 fewer points per game (127.6) than this matchup’s total of 151 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 158.3 points per game, 7.3 more than the point total in this game.
- The average total the Cardinals have had set in matchups this season is 18.8 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total for Huskies games this season is 2.6 more points than the point total of 151 for this outing.
Lamar Betting Information
- Lamar has covered in just three of eight matchups this season.
- Lamar and its opponents have converted the over just 3 times in 8 (37.5%) games this season.
Houston Baptist Betting Information
- Houston Baptist has covered the spread in greater than half of its outings, going 4-2 ATS.
- Houston Baptist and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this season — 2 of 6 (33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-69 LAMAR|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||102-92 LAMAR|
|2/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||110-75 LAMAR|
|1/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-82 HOUBAP|
- The scoring leader for the Cardinals this season is Davion Buster, who averages 16.1 points, 2.7 rebounds, and 0.4 assists per game.
- Avery Sullivan leads Lamar in rebounding, averaging 7.6 per game, while Kasen Harrison leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.1 in each contest.
- Buster leads his teammates on the Cardinals with 3.1 made threes per contest.
- The Lamar steals leader is Ellis Jefferson, who averages 1.5 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is David Muoka, who compiles 1.7 rejections per contest.
Houston Baptist Leaders
- Za-Ontay Boothman is the top scorer for the Huskies with 13.4 points per game. He also adds 2.5 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game to his stats.
- The Huskies’ leader in rebounds is Pedro Castro with 7.5 per matchup, and their leader in assists is Hunter Janacek with 2.1 per game.
- Boothman is the most prolific from the three-point line for the Huskies, hitting 2.7 threes per game.
- Darius Lee (1.1 steals per game) and Castro (1.2 blocks per game) pace the Huskies in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found