The Marquette Golden Eagles (6-5) host the UConn Huskies (4-1) as 1.5-point favorites after Jamal Cain went off for 25 points in the Golden Eagles 64-60 victory over Georgetown. The game airs on FS1 at 9:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 5, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 139.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UConn (+1.5)||Over (139.5)||UConn 73 Marquette 71|
- The Golden Eagles and their opponents have scored at least 139.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 19 of 11 opportunities (172.7%) this season.
- In three of five opportunities (60%) this season, UConn and its opponents have combined to score at least 139.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 151.9 points per game, 12.4 more points than the total of 139.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 135.3 points per game, 4.2 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
- The average point total for Golden Eagles games this year is 4.7 more points than the over/under of 139.5 in this matchup.
- Huskies games this season have averaged an over/under of 143 points, 3.5 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Golden Eagles score 74.3 points per game, 8.9 more points than the 65.4 the Huskies allow.
- Marquette is 4-0 against the spread and 5-2 overall when scoring more than 65.4 points.
- In games UConn gives up more than 74.3 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- The Huskies score an average of 77.6 points per game, 7.7 more points than the 69.9 the Golden Eagles allow to opponents.
- UConn has compiled a 2-1 overall record and a 3-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 69.9 points.
- Marquette has an ATS record of 1-2 and a 1-2 record overall when its opponents score more than 77.6 points.
- The Golden Eagles have out-scored their opponents by a total of 48 points this season (4.4 points per game on average), and the Huskies have put up 61 more points than their opponents on the year (12.2 per game).
Marquette Betting Information
- Marquette has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 4-7 record.
- The Golden Eagles have struggled to cover, going just 2-4 ATS when favored by at least 1.5 points.
- The Golden Eagles have combined with their opponents to go above the total in 45.5% of their games this season (5 of 11 contests).
UConn Betting Information
- UConn has a winning record against the spread, going 3-1 ATS (covering 75% of the time).
- When they are at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Huskies have fared well, going 2-1 against the spread.
- The Huskies and their opponents have hit the over in half of their games this year — 2 of 4.
- The Golden Eagles scoring leader is Koby McEwen, who averages 13.5 per contest to go with 3.5 rebounds and 2.8 assists.
- Dawson Garcia is the Golden Eagles leading rebounder, pulling down 7.3 per game, while D.J. Carton is their best passer, averaging 3.6 assists in each contest.
- McEwen’s 1.9 made threes per game lead the Golden Eagles.
- Carton is the Golden Eagles leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Theo John leads them in blocks with 1.7 per contest.
- James Bouknight is the top scorer for the Huskies with 23.2 points per game. He also adds 5.4 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game to his scoring output.
- UConn’s leader in rebounds is Tyrese Martin with 9.3 per game, and its leader in assists is R.J. Cole with 3.8 per game.
- Bouknight leads the Huskies in three-point shooting with an average of 2.2 made threes per game.
- UConn’s leader in steals is Bouknight with 1.6 per game, and its leader in blocks is Isaiah Whaley with 2.4 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found