The Marshall Thundering Herd (7-3) are at home in C-USA play against the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (10-4) on Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET. The Thundering Herd are 2.5-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has a point total of 151.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Marshall (-2.5)||Under (151)||Marshall 76 Western Kentucky 72|
- The Thundering Herd and their opponents have combined to score more than 151 points in 60% of their outings this season (six of 10 opportunities).
- Western Kentucky and its opponents have combined to score at least 151 points in 35.7% of their matchups this year (five of 14 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 2.9 more points per game (153.9) than this game’s total of 151 points.
- The Thundering Herd and the Hilltoppers have seen their opponents average a combined 7.7 less points per game than the over/under of 151 set for this game.
- The average point total in Thundering Herd games this year is 0.8 more points than the total of 151 in this matchup.
- Hilltoppers games this season have averaged an over/under of 145.4 points, 5.6 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 79.6 points per game the Thundering Herd record are 8.5 more points than the Hilltoppers allow (71.1).
- When Marshall totals more than 71.1 points, it is 4-0 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- When Western Kentucky allows more than 79.6 points, it is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- The Hilltoppers score an average of 74.3 points per game, only 2.1 more points than the 72.2 the Thundering Herd give up.
- When it scores more than 72.2 points, Western Kentucky is 4-0 against the spread and 7-0 overall.
- Marshall is 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 74.3 points.
- The Thundering Herd have out-scored their opponents by a total of 74 points this season (7.4 points per game on average), and the Hilltoppers have put up 44 more points than their opponents on the year (3.2 per game).
Marshall Betting Information
- Marshall has covered about half the time against spread this season, covering four times in nine contests.
- When favored by at least 2.5 points, the Thundering Herd have fared well against the spread, putting up a 3-2-1 record.
- More often than not, Marshall and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 5 of 9 chances this season.
Western Kentucky Betting Information
- The Hilltoppers have a 4-10 record against the spread, covering in only 28.6% of their matchups.
- The Hilltoppers have not fared well as a 2.5-point underdog, going 2-8 against the spread when they are at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Hilltoppers games this year, the teams have not hit the over (6 out of 14 games, 42.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/15/2021||Western Kentucky||-4||153||-185||+150||Regular Season||81-73 WKENT|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||91-84 WKENT|
|1/22/2020||Marshall||-1.5||155||-124||+101||Regular Season||64-60 WKENT|
|1/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-59 WKENT|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-69 MARSH|
- The Thundering Herd scoring leader is Taevion Kinsey, who averages 21.0 per contest to go with 5.7 rebounds and 4.1 assists.
- Andrew Taylor leads Marshall in rebounding, averaging 6.9 per game, while Jarrod West leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 6.6 in each contest.
- Jannson Williams leads his teammates on the Thundering Herd with 2.1 made threes per game.
- The Marshall steals leader is West, who averages 2.9 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Williams, who compiles 2.1 rejections per contest.
Western Kentucky Leaders
- The Hilltoppers’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Charles Bassey with 17.1 points and 12.3 rebounds per game.
- Dayvion McKnight’s assist statline leads Western Kentucky; he racks up 3.3 assists per game.
- Luke Frampton is the most prolific from distance for the Hilltoppers, hitting 2.1 threes per game.
- Western Kentucky’s leader in steals is Josh Anderson with 1.9 per game, and its leader in blocks is Bassey with 3.4 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds