The Purdue Boilermakers (7-5) visit the No. 23 Michigan State Spartans (8-3) after losing four straight road games. The Spartans are favored by 4.5 points in the contest, which begins at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, January 8, 2021. The point total for the matchup is 143.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Purdue (+4.5)||Over (143.5)||Purdue 73 Michigan State 72|
- In 72.7% of their games this year (eight of 11 chances), the Spartans and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s over/under of 143.5 points.
- Purdue has combined with its opponents to score at least 143.5 points in four of 12 opportunities (33.3%) this season.
- These teams average a combined 149.6 points per game, 6.1 more points than the total of 143.5 set for this matchup.
- The Spartans and the Boilermakers have seen their opponents average a combined 3.5 fewer points per game than the over/under of 143.5 set for this outing.
- The average total the Spartans have had set in games this season is 7.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Boilermakers this season is 4.7 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Spartans average 10.8 more points per game (78) than the Boilermakers allow (67.2).
- Michigan State has a 3-0 record against the spread and an 8-1 record overall when putting up more than 67.2 points.
- Purdue has a 1-2 record against the spread and a 1-2 record overall when giving up more than 78 points.
- The Boilermakers put up just 1.2 fewer points than the Spartans give up to opponents (72.8).
- When it scores more than 72.8 points, Purdue is 3-0 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
- Michigan State has an ATS record of 0-6 and a 3-3 record overall when its opponents score more than 71.6 points.
- The Spartans have scored a total of 57 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 5.2 per game), and the Boilermakers have out-scored opponents by 52 points on the season (4.4 more per game).
Michigan State Betting Information
- Michigan State has covered in just three of 11 matchups this season.
- The Spartans have posted a losing record of 1-6 against the spread when the spread is -4.5 or bigger.
- The Spartans have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 5 times in 11 games this season.
Purdue Betting Information
- The Boilermakers have a losing record against the spread, going 4-6-1 ATS (covering just 36.4% of the time).
- When they play as at least 4.5-point underdogs, the Boilermakers have a record ATS of 4-2.
- Purdue has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 63.6% of matchups this year (7 out of 11 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/12/2020||Michigan State||-4.5||135.5||-203||+165||Regular Season||71-42 PUR|
|1/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-63 PUR|
|1/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-59 MSU|
Michigan State Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Spartans is Aaron Henry, who scores 14.0 points and distributes 3.8 assists per game.
- Joey Hauser is Michigan State’s best rebounder, hauling in an average of 8.5 boards in each contest while scoring 12.0 points per game.
- Gabe Brown makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Spartans, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 1.6 per game.
- Henry is the Spartans leader in steals and blocks, racking up 1.6 steals and 1.5 blocks per game.
- Trevion Williams puts up 14.1 points and 9.6 rebounds per game for the Boilermakers, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Eric Hunter Jr. dishes out 3.4 assists per game, the most assists on the Boilermakers.
- Sasha Stefanovic connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Boilermakers, knocking down shots from deep at a clip of 2.8 per contest.
- Hunter (1.3 steals per game) is the steal leader for Purdue while Zach Edey (1.0 block per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found