The No. 16 Michigan Wolverines (8-0) will try to extend an eight-game winning streak when they host the No. 19 Northwestern Wildcats (6-2) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Crisler Center as 8.5-point favorites. The contest airs at 7:30 PM ET on BTN. The over/under in the matchup is set at 145.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Northwestern (+8.5)||Over (145)||Michigan 79 Northwestern 71|
- In 15 of eight opportunities (187.5%) this season, the Wolverines and their opponents have totaled at least this matchup’s over/under of 145 points.
- Northwestern and its opponents have combined to score more than 145 points in three of eight outings (37.5%) this season.
- The Wolverines and the Wildcats combine to average 20.8 more points per game than the over/under of 145 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 133.8 points per game, 11.2 fewer than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Wolverines average point total in matchups this season is 150.6, 5.6 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Wildcats games this season have averaged an over/under of 149 points, four more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Wolverines score 16.8 more points per game (82.2) than the Wildcats give up (65.4).
- When Michigan totals more than 65.4 points, it is 7-0 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- Northwestern has compiled a 0-1 record against the spread and a 0-1 record overall when allowing more than 82.2 points.
- The Wildcats’ 83.6 points per game are 15.2 more points than the 68.4 the Wolverines allow to opponents.
- Northwestern has put together a 4-0 ATS record and a 6-2 overall record in games it scores more than 68.4 points.
- Michigan is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when it gives up more than 83.6 points.
- The Wolverines have scored a total of 111 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 13.8 per game), and the Wildcats have out-scored opponents by 146 points on the season (18.2 more per game).
Michigan Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Wolverines have covered six times in eight contests.
- The Wolverines fare well when favored by at least 8.5 points, posting a 4-1 record against the spread.
- More often than not, Michigan and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 5 of 8 chances this season.
Northwestern Betting Information
- Northwestern has covered the spread in greater than half of its games, going 4-2 ATS.
- The Wildcats have fared well as an 8.5-point underdog, going 1-0 against the spread when they are at least 8.5-point underdogs.
- The Wildcats and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this year — 2 of 6 (33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/12/2020||Michigan||-5.5||137||-249||198||Regular Season||79-54 MICH|
|1/13/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-60 MICH|
|12/4/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||62-60 MICH|
- Hunter Dickinson leads the Wolverines in scoring and rebounding, tallying 16.6 points and 8.8 boards per game.
- Mike Smith leads the Wolverines in assists, averaging 5.1 per game while also scoring 9.1 points per contest.
- Isaiah Livers leads the Wolverines in three-point shooting with an average of 2.1 made threes per game.
- Eli Brooks is Michigan’s leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Dickinson leads them in blocks with 1.6 per contest.
- Miller Kopp is the top scorer for the Wildcats with 14.6 points per game. He also adds 2.5 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game to his scoring output.
- Northwestern’s leader in rebounds is Pete Nance with 6.5 per game, and its leader in assists is Boo Buie with 5.6 per game.
- Kopp is consistent from deep and leads the Wildcats with 2.4 made threes per game.
- Kopp (1.1 steals per game) and Nance (0.8 blocks per game) lead the Wildcats in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found