The Minnesota Golden Gophers (13-10) will look to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Northwestern Wildcats (6-14) at 9:00 PM ET on Thursday, February 25, 2021 as 4.5-point favorites. The Wildcats have lost 13 games in a row. The over/under in the matchup is 141.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Minnesota (-4.5)||Over (141.5)||Minnesota 77 Northwestern 69|
- The Golden Gophers and their opponents have combined to put up more than 141.5 points in 56.5% of their outings this season (13 of 23 opportunities).
- Northwestern has combined with its opponents to score more than 141.5 points in 10 of 20 opportunities (50%) this year.
- The Golden Gophers and the Wildcats combine to average 4.5 more points per game than the over/under of 141.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.0 more points per game (145.5) than this matchup’s over/under of 141.5 points.
- The Golden Gophers average point total in matchups this season is 147.9, 6.4 points higher than the total in this game.
- Wildcats games this season have averaged a total of 143.6 points, 2.1 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Golden Gophers put up just 2.4 more points per game (74.3) than the Wildcats give up (71.9).
- Minnesota has an 11-2 record overall and a 9-0-1 record against the spread when putting up more than 71.9 points.
- Northwestern is 2-5-1 against the spread and 0-8 overall when giving up more than 74.3 points.
- The Wildcats put up an average of 71.7 points per game, only 1.9 fewer points than the 73.6 the Golden Gophers allow.
- Northwestern is 5-2 overall and 4-0-1 against the spread in games it scores more than 73.6 points.
- Minnesota’s record is 4-8 overall and 3-8-1 against the spread when it gives up more than 71.7 points to its opponents.
- The Golden Gophers have out-scored their opponents by only 17 points this season (0.7 points per game on average), and opponents of the Wildcats have out-scored them by just four more points on the year (0.2 per game).
Minnesota Betting Information
- The Golden Gophers have struggled to an extent against the spread this year, putting up a 9-11-2 record.
- The Golden Gophers have covered half the time, going 3-3-1 against the spread when favored by at least 4.5 points.
- Minnesota and its opponents have hit the total 11 times in 22 contests this season.
Northwestern Betting Information
- The Wildcats have a 7-10-1 record against the spread, covering in just 38.9% of their matchups.
- When they are at least 4.5-point underdogs, the Wildcats have fared well, going 1-0 against the spread.
- Northwestern has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 44.4% of matchups this season (8 out of 18 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/11/2020||Minnesota||-8||135||-388||+295||Conference Tournament||74-57 MINN|
|2/23/2020||Minnesota||-4||132.5||-193||+157||Regular Season||83-57 MINN|
|1/5/2020||Minnesota||-12.5||135.5||-966||+589||Regular Season||77-68 MINN|
|2/28/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||62-50 MINN|
- The leader in points and assists for the Golden Gophers is Marcus Carr, who scores 19.0 points and distributes 5.0 assists per game.
- Minnesota’s best rebounder is Liam Robbins, who averages 6.6 boards per game in addition to his 11.7 PPG average.
- Carr makes more threes per game than any other member of the Golden Gophers, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 2.0 per game.
- Carr and Robbins lead Minnesota on the defensive end, with Carr leading the team in steals averaging 1.2 per game and Robbins in blocks averaging 2.7 per contest.
- Chase Audige sits at the top of the Wildcats scoring leaderboard with 12.9 points per game. He also collects 3.5 rebounds and dishes out 2.0 assists per game.
- Northwestern’s leader in rebounds is Pete Nance with 6.6 per game, and its leader in assists is Boo Buie with 4.3 per game.
- Audige hits 1.7 three-pointers per game, the most on the Wildcats.
- Northwestern’s leader in steals is Audige with 1.5 per game, and its leader in blocks is Nance with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Elite Eight March Madness Odds: UConn Vs Gonzaga Betting Analysis & Prediction
- Florida Atlantic vs Kansas State in March Madness: Odds, Analysis and Trends for Elite Eight
- Miami vs Houston in March Madness: Odds, Analysis and Trends for Sweet 16
- March Madness Odds: Sweet 16 Betting Analysis for Xavier vs Texas
- March Madness Odds: Sweet 16 Betting Analysis for Princeton vs. Creighton