The New Mexico State Aggies (6-6) hit the road in WAC play against the Tarleton State Texans (6-9) on Friday, February 26, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The Aggies are favored by 8 points in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The point total in the matchup is set at 131.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|New Mexico State||-8||-116||-106||131||-110||-110||-320||260|
|Tarleton State (+8)||Over (131)||Tarleton State 69 New Mexico State 68|
- The Aggies and their opponents have scored at least 131 points — this matchup’s point total — in seven of 12 opportunities (58.3%) this season.
- Tarleton State has played in 11 games this season (out of 15 total matchups — 73.3% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 131 points.
- These teams average a combined 146.8 points per game, 15.8 more points than the over/under of 131 set for this game.
- The Aggies and the Texans have seen their opponents average a combined one more point per game than the point total of 131 set for this outing.
- The average over/under the Aggies have had set in games this year is 7.6 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Texans games this season have averaged a total of 140.2 points, 9.2 more than the point total in this matchup.
New Mexico State Betting Information
- New Mexico State has covered in just two of nine matchups this season.
- The Aggies have posted a losing record of 0-4 against the spread when the spread is -8 or higher.
- New Mexico State and its opponents have converted the over just 4 times in 9 (44.4%) games this season.
Tarleton State Betting Information
- The Texans have a 3-6-1 record against the spread, covering in just 30.0% of their matchups.
- Tarleton State has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 30% of matchups this year (3 out of 10 chances).
New Mexico State Leaders
- The Aggies scoring leader is Jabari Rice, who averages 14.7 per contest to go with 4.8 rebounds and 2.1 assists.
- New Mexico State’s leading rebounder is Donnie Tillman averaging 6.1 boards per game and its best passer is Evan Gilyard and his 3.3 assists per game.
- Rice’s 1.8 threes per game leads the Aggies.
- Gilyard and Johnny McCants lead New Mexico State on the defensive end, with Gilyard leading the team in steals averaging 1.0 per game and McCants in blocks averaging 0.7 per contest.
Tarleton State Leaders
- The Texans’ Montre’ Gipson puts up enough points (14.5 per game) and assists (2.9 per game) to sit atop the team’s leaderboards.
- Tarleton State’s Tahj Small stats (6.7 rebounds per game, 10.9 points per game, 1.7 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Konstantin Dotsenko makes more threes per game than any other member of the Texans, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 1.7 per game.
- Shamir Bogues (2.1 steals per game) is the steal leader for Tarleton State while Jonathan Jackson (0.7 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- March Madness Odds: Sweet 16 Betting Analysis for Princeton vs. Creighton
- San Diego State vs Alabama in March Madness: Odds, Analysis and Trends for Sweet 16
- March Madness Against The Spread Picks & Lines for Sweet 16 Betting Games
- March Madness Odds: Sweet 16 Betting Analysis for Florida Atlantic vs. Tennessee
- March Madness Odds: Sweet 16 Betting Analysis for Gonzaga vs UCLA