The Nicholls State Colonels (3-4) are 3.5-point favorites as they try to end a four-game road losing streak when they take on the Northwestern State Demons (2-10) on Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at Prather Coliseum. The matchup airs at 7:30 PM ET. The point total is 151.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Nicholls State (-3.5)||Under (151.5)||Nicholls State 77 Northwestern State 73|
- The Colonels and their opponents have scored no less than 151.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in three of seven games (42.9%) this year.
- Northwestern State has played in seven games this season (out of 12 total matchups — 58.3% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 151.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 139 points per game, 12.5 less points than the over/under of 151.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.5 more points per game (154) than this game’s over/under of 151.5 points.
- The average point total in Colonels games this season is 9.1 fewer points than the total of 151.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Demons games this year is 1.0 fewer point than the point total of 151.5 in this outing.
Nicholls State Betting Information
- The Colonels have been solid against the spread this season, earning a 4-3 record.
- The Colonels have posted a winning record of 2-0 against the spread when the spread is -3.5 or bigger.
- The Colonels have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 3 of 7 games (42.9%).
Northwestern State Betting Information
- Northwestern State has covered the spread in half of its games, going 5-5 ATS.
- When they are at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Demons have not fared well, going 0-1 against the spread.
- In 5 out of Demons 10 games this season, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/19/2020||Nicholls State||-3||144||-159||+128||Regular Season||73-69 NICHLS|
|1/15/2020||Nicholls State||-12.5||140||-1000||+637||Regular Season||73-72 NWST|
|3/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-60 NICHLS|
|1/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-72 NICHLS|
Nicholls State Leaders
- The Colonels scoring leader is Jitaurious Gordon, who averages 14.1 per contest to go with 2.7 rebounds and 3.4 assists.
- Najee Garvin is the Colonels leading rebounder, pulling down 7.3 per game, while Kevin Johnson is their best passer, averaging 3.6 assists in each contest.
- Gordon leads the Colonels in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.4 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Johnson is Nicholls State’s leader in steals, averaging 2.4 steals per game, while Ryghe Lyons leads them in blocks with 1.9 per contest.
Northwestern State Leaders
- Trenton Massner averages 12.1 points per game to be the top scorer for the Demons.
- The Demons’ leader in rebounds is Kendal Coleman with 7.1 per contest, and their leader in assists is C.J. Jones with 2.6 per game.
- Jairus Roberson is reliable from deep and leads the Demons with 2.9 made threes per game.
- Northwestern State’s leader in steals is Massner with 1.6 per game, and its leader in blocks is Coleman with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found