A game after he scored 26 points in an 84-77 loss to Georgia Tech, Alan Griffin leads the Syracuse Orange (13-8) at home against the North Carolina Tar Heels (15-8) on Monday, March 1, 2021. The Orange are underdogs by 1.5 points in the matchup, which tips off at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup’s over/under is 149.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Syracuse (+1.5)||Under (149.5)||North Carolina 74 Syracuse 73|
- In 39.1% of their opportunities this year (nine of 23 chances), the Tar Heels and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 149.5 points.
- Syracuse has combined with its opponents to score more than 149.5 points in seven of 21 outings (33.3%) this year.
- The Tar Heels and the Orange combine to average 1.1 more points per game than the over/under of 149.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 141 points per game, 8.5 less than the point total in this matchup.
- The Tar Heels average point total in matchups this year is 143.8, 5.7 points less than the over/under in this game.
- The average total for Orange games this year is 1.6 less points than the point total of 149.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 74.3 points the Tar Heels average per game are just 2.7 more points than the Orange give up (71.6).
- North Carolina is 12-3 overall and 10-0 against the spread when scoring more than 71.6 points.
- In games Syracuse allows more than 74.3 points, it is 1-8 against the spread and 2-7 overall.
- The Orange’s 76.3 points per game are 6.9 more points than the 69.4 the Tar Heels allow.
- Syracuse has compiled a 12-4 overall record and a 7-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 69.4 points.
- North Carolina’s record is 1-4 against the spread and 1-4 overall when it gives up more than 76.3 points.
- The Tar Heels have out-scored their opponents by a total of 113 points this season (4.9 points per game on average), and the Orange have put up 98 more points than their opponents on the year (4.7 per game).
North Carolina Betting Information
- North Carolina has struggled against the spread, going 10-12-1 on the year.
- The Tar Heels have posted an even record of 8-8-1 against the spread when the spread is -1.5 or bigger.
- North Carolina and its opponents have converted the over just 10 times in 23 (43.5%) games this season.
Syracuse Betting Information
- The Orange have a 7-13 record against the spread, covering in just 35% of their contests.
- When they are at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Orange have a record ATS of 6-7.
- In most of Orange games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (11 out of 20 games, 55%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/12/2021||North Carolina||-5||146||-216||+177||Regular Season||81-75 UNC|
|3/11/2020||North Carolina||-3||150.5||-156||+129||Conference Tournament||81-53 SYRA|
|2/29/2020||Syracuse||-4.5||147.5||-207||+164||Regular Season||92-79 UNC|
|2/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||93-85 UNC|
North Carolina Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Tar Heels this season is Armando Bacot, who averages 11.2 points, 7.4 rebounds, and 0.8 assists per game.
- Day’Ron Sharpe leads the Tar Heels in rebounding, averaging 8.0 per game, while Caleb Love leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.7 in each contest.
- Kerwin Walton leads his teammates on the Tar Heels with 2.0 made threes per game.
- The North Carolina steals leader is Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black, who averages 1.3 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Sharpe, who compiles 0.9 rejections per contest.
- Griffin is the top scorer for the Orange with 15.4 points per game. He also tacks on 6.5 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game to his stats.
- Quincy Guerrier has a stat line of 9.0 rebounds, 14.7 points and 0.9 assists per game for Syracuse to take the top rebound spot on the team. Joseph Girard III holds the top spot for assists with 3.4 per game, adding 10.0 points and 2.8 rebounds per outing.
- Buddy Boeheim leads his teammates on the Orange with 2.4 made threes per game.
- The Orange’s leader in steals is Kadary Richmond with 1.9 per game, and Griffin is their leader in blocks with 1.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds