The North Texas Mean Green (5-5) are 5.5-point favorites as they try to build on a four-game home win streak when they host the UTEP Miners (6-4) on Friday, January 15, 2021 at UNT Coliseum. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 133.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UTEP (+5.5)||Over (133.5)||North Texas 72 UTEP 68|
- In six of 10 outings (60%) this year, the Mean Green and their opponents have totaled at least this matchup’s over/under of 133.5 points.
- UTEP has played in nine games this season (out of 10 total matchups — 90% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 133.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 19.2 more points per game (152.7) than this game’s over/under of 133.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.6 more points per game (136.1) than this game’s total of 133.5 points.
- The Mean Green average point total in matchups this season is 140.9, 7.4 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Miners this year is 14.4 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Mean Green average only 4.8 more points per game (75.4) than the Miners give up (70.6).
- North Texas is 4-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall when scoring more than 70.6 points.
- When UTEP gives up more than 75.4 points, it is 1-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- The Miners put up an average of 77.3 points per game, 11.8 more points than the 65.5 the Mean Green allow to opponents.
- UTEP has put together a 3-0 ATS record and a 6-2 overall record in games it scores more than 65.5 points.
- North Texas’ record is 0-0 against the spread and 1-0 overall when it gives up more than 77.3 points.
- The Mean Green have scored a total of 99 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 9.9 per game), and the Miners have out-scored opponents by 67 points on the season (6.7 more per game).
North Texas Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Mean Green have covered five times in eight contests.
- The Mean Green fare well when favored by at least 5.5 points, posting a 4-1 record against the spread.
- The Mean Green have combined with their opponents to go above the total in 50% of their games this season (4 of 8 contests).
UTEP Betting Information
- UTEP has covered the spread in greater than half of its games, going 5-2 ATS.
- When they are at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Miners have gone 2-2 against the spread.
- UTEP has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 57.1% of matchups this season (4 out of 7 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||67-57 NTX|
|1/10/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||58-51 NTX|
North Texas Leaders
- The Mean Green leader in points and assists is Javion Hamlet, who scores 13.2 points per game along with 5.4 assists.
- Zachary Simmons is the Mean Green best rebounder, pulling down an average of 6.5 boards in each contest while scoring 10.1 points per game.
- The Mean Green get the most three-point shooting production out of James Reese, who makes 2.0 threes per game.
- The North Texas steals leader is Reese, who averages 1.4 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Thomas Bell, who compiles 1.1 rejections per contest.
- Souley Boum is at the top of the Miners scoring leaderboard with 17.6 points per game. He also pulls down 3.3 rebounds and dishes out 3.1 assists per game.
- The UTEP leaders in rebounding and assists are Bryson Williams with 7.7 rebounds per game (he also adds 15.7 points and 0.9 assists per game) and Jamal Bieniemy with 5.3 assists per game (he also tacks on 12.6 points and 3.0 rebounds per game).
- Boum provides the most three-point shooting production for the Miners. He makes 2.6 threes per game.
- Bieniemy (1.6 steals per game) is the steal leader for UTEP while Tydus Verhoeven (0.8 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found