The No. 7 Ohio State Buckeyes (15-4) are favored (-3.5) to build on a four-game winning streak when they visit the Maryland Terrapins (9-9) at 9:00 PM ET on Monday, February 8, 2021 at XFINITY Center. The contest airs on FS1. The over/under for the matchup is set at 138.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Maryland (+3.5)||Over (138.5)||Ohio State 71 Maryland 70|
- The Buckeyes and their opponents have recorded more than 138.5 points in 63.2% of their games this year (12 of 19 opportunities).
- Maryland and its opponents have combined to score more than 138.5 points in eight of 18 opportunities (44.4%) this season.
- The Buckeyes and the Terrapins combine to average 7.2 more points per game than the over/under of 138.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.4 less points per game (135.1) than this matchup’s total of 138.5 points.
- The average over/under the Buckeyes have had set in games this year is 7.8 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Terrapins games this season have averaged a total of 134.5 points, 4.0 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Buckeyes average 77.7 points per game, 11.2 more points than the 66.5 the Terrapins give up.
- When Ohio State puts up more than 66.5 points, it is 15-1 overall and 11-0 against the spread.
- Maryland is 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall when giving up more than 77.7 points.
- The Terrapins’ 68 points per game are only 0.6 fewer points than the 68.6 the Buckeyes give up.
- Maryland has put together a 4-0 ATS record and a 6-2 overall record in games it scores more than 68.6 points.
- Ohio State’s record is 6-4 against the spread and 8-2 overall when it gives up more than 68 points.
- The Buckeyes have scored a total of 173 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 9.1 per game), and the Terrapins have out-scored opponents by 27 points on the season (1.5 more per game).
Ohio State Betting Information
- The Buckeyes have been solid against the spread this season, earning an 11-8 record.
- When favored by at least 3.5 points, the Buckeyes have fared well against the spread, putting together a 6-5 record.
- The Buckeyes and their opponents have gone over the total in 10 of 19 games (52.6%) this season.
Maryland Betting Information
- Maryland has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 6-11 ATS.
- The Terrapins have gone 2-2 against the spread when they are at least a 3.5-point underdog.
- In the majority of Terrapins games this year, the teams have not hit the over (8 out of 17 games, 47.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/23/2020||Ohio State||-3.5||133||-169||+138||Regular Season||79-72 OSU|
|1/7/2020||Maryland||-3||135||-155||+127||Regular Season||67-55 MARY|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-62 MARY|
|1/18/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-61 MARY|
Ohio State Leaders
- The Buckeyes leader in points and rebounds is E.J. Liddell, who scores 15.4 points and grabs 6.9 boards per game.
- Ohio State’s best passer is CJ Walker, who averages 4.2 assists per game to go with his 8.2 PPG scoring average.
- Duane Washington Jr. makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Buckeyes, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 2.7 per game.
- Justice Sueing is the Buckeyes leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Liddell leads them in blocks with 1.2 per contest.
- Eric Ayala is at the top of the Terrapins scoring leaderboard with 14.4 points per game. He also pulls down 3.3 rebounds and averages 2.2 assists per game.
- Maryland’s leader in rebounds is Donta Scott with 6.5 per game, and its leader in assists is Darryl Morsell with 2.8 per game.
- Ayala is the top shooter from the three-point line for the Terrapins, hitting 1.8 threes per game.
- Ayala (1.2 steals per game) and Scott (0.8 blocks per game) pace the Terrapins in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds