The Penn State Nittany Lions (5-6) visit the No. 13 Ohio State Buckeyes (12-4) after losing four straight road games. The Buckeyes are favored by 7.5 points in the matchup, which tips at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 27, 2021. The over/under for the matchup is set at 147.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Buckeyes and their opponents have combined for 147 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of 16 outings (43.8%) this season.
- Penn State has combined with its opponents to score at least 147 points in six of 11 opportunities (54.5%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 6.1 more points per game (153.1) than this matchup’s total of 147 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 143.5 points per game, 3.5 less than the point total for this game.
- The average total the Buckeyes have had set in matchups this season is 3.1 less points than this outing’s point total.
- Nittany Lions games this season have averaged an over/under of 152.7 points, 5.7 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Buckeyes record 76.6 points per contest, just 0.4 more points than the 76.2 the Nittany Lions surrender to opponents.
- Ohio State is 9-0 overall and 8-0 against the spread when scoring more than 76.2 points.
- Penn State has a 1-5 record against the spread and a 1-5 record overall when giving up more than 76.6 points.
- The Nittany Lions average 9.2 more points per game (76.5) than the Buckeyes allow (67.3).
- Penn State has put together a 4-0 ATS record and a 5-4 overall record in games it scores more than 67.3 points.
- Ohio State is 1-2 against the spread and 2-1 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 76.5 points.
- The Buckeyes have totaled 148 more points than their opponents this season (9.3 per game on average), and the Nittany Lions have scored only four more points than their opponents (0.3 per game).
Ohio State Betting Information
- Ohio State has been good against the spread this season, posting a 9-7 record.
- The Buckeyes have posted a winning record of 4-2 against the spread when the spread is -7.5 or bigger.
- Ohio State and its opponents have combined to cover the point total in 8 of 16 games this year (50%).
Penn State Betting Information
- Penn State has a losing record against the spread, going 5-6 ATS (covering just 45.5% of the time).
- When they are at least 7.5-point underdogs, the Nittany Lions have fared well, going 1-0 against the spread.
- In most of Penn State’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (5 out of 11 games, 45.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/18/2020||Ohio State||-2||137||-137||+111||Regular Season||90-76 PSU|
|12/7/2019||Ohio State||-7.5||133||-360||+277||Regular Season||106-74 OSU|
|2/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-70 OSU|
Ohio State Leaders
- The Buckeyes scoring leader is Duane Washington Jr., who averages 15.3 per contest to go with 2.9 rebounds and 2.9 assists.
- E.J. Liddell is Ohio State’s leading rebounder, grabbing 6.8 per game, while CJ Walker is its best passer, averaging 4.1 assists in each contest.
- Washington makes more threes per game than any other member of the Buckeyes, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.8 per contest.
- Liddell is the Buckeyes leader in steals and blocks, racking up 0.9 steals and 1.1 blocks per game.
Penn State Leaders
- Myreon Jones is the top scorer for the Nittany Lions with 15.9 points per game. He also tacks on 3.0 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game to his statistics.
- John Harrar is at the top of the Nittany Lions rebounding leaderboard with 8.2 rebounds per game, and Jamari Wheeler leads the team in assists with 3.7 per contest.
- Washington paces his teammates on the Nittany Lions with 2.5 made threes per outing.
- Wheeler (1.7 steals per game) is the steal leader for Penn State while Seth Lundy (0.8 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds