A pair of struggling teams meet when the Pittsburgh Panthers (9-10) host the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (6-13) on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 6:00 PM ET. The Demon Deacons are 7-point underdogs as they attempt to stop a five-game losing streak against the Panthers, losers of five straight. The point total is 138.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Pittsburgh (-7)||Over (138.5)||Pittsburgh 75 Wake Forest 65|
- The Panthers and their opponents have combined for 138.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 13 of 19 outings (68.4%) this season.
- In nine of 19 opportunities (47.4%) this season, Wake Forest has combined with its opponents to score at least 138.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 0.5 less points per game (138) than this matchup’s total of 138.5 points.
- The Panthers and the Demon Deacons have seen their opponents average a combined 3.0 more points per game than the point total of 138.5 set in this matchup.
- The Panthers average point total in outings this year is 141.6, 3.1 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Demon Deacons this season is 0.7 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Panthers score just 0.1 more points per game (71.6) than the Demon Deacons give up (71.5).
- When Pittsburgh scores more than 71.5 points, it is 5-3 overall and 4-0 against the spread.
- In games when Wake Forest allows more than 71.6 points, it is 5-5 against the spread and 1-9 overall.
- The Demon Deacons’ 66.4 points per game are just 3.6 fewer points than the 70 the Panthers allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 70 points, Wake Forest is 4-0 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
- Pittsburgh is 5-8 against the spread and 5-8 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 66.4 points.
- The Panthers have scored a total of 31 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 1.6 per game), while the Demon Deacons have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 97 total points, -5.1 per game).
Pittsburgh Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Panthers have covered 10 times in 19 contests.
- When favored by at least 7 points, the Panthers have put together a 2-2 record ATS.
- More often than not, Pittsburgh and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 10 of 19 chances this season.
Wake Forest Betting Information
- The Demon Deacons have a winning record against the spread, going 10-8 ATS (covering 55.6% of the time).
- The Demon Deacons have gone 1-1 against the spread when they are at least a 7-point underdog.
- In 9 out of Wake Forest’s 18 games this year, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/23/2021||Pittsburgh||-2.5||141||-142||+118||Regular Season||76-75 WAKE|
|3/10/2020||Pittsburgh||-2||137||-136||+112||Conference Tournament||81-72 PITT|
|1/4/2020||Pittsburgh||-6.5||135.5||-295||+233||Regular Season||69-65 WAKE|
|2/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-76 WAKE|
- Justin Champagnie leads the Panthers in scoring and rebounding, accumulating 18.6 points and 11.4 boards per game.
- Pittsburgh’s best passer is Xavier Johnson, who averages 5.7 assists per game to go with his 14.2 PPG scoring average.
- Ithiel Horton leads his teammates on the Panthers with 2.0 made threes per game.
- Johnson is the Panthers leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Champagnie leads them in blocks with 1.1 per contest.
Wake Forest Leaders
- Daivien Williamson averages 12.2 points and tacks on 2.6 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Demon Deacons’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Ody Oguama’s stat line of 5.5 rebounds, 8.2 points and 0.5 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Wake Forest rebounding leaderboard.
- Jonah Antonio’s 2.0 made threes per game lead the Demon Deacons.
- Williamson (1.4 steals per game) is the steal leader for Wake Forest while Emmanuel Okpomo (0.8 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds