The DePaul Blue Demons (3-8) are 1.5-point underdogs as they try to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the Providence Friars (10-10) on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at Wintrust Arena. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET on FS1. The matchup’s over/under is set at 137.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|DePaul (+1.5)||Over (137)||Providence 72 DePaul 71|
- The Friars and their opponents have combined to put up more than 137 points in 60% of their outings this season (12 of 20 opportunities).
- In five of 11 outings (45.5%) this season, DePaul has combined with its opponents to score at least 137 points.
- These two teams average a combined 139.7 points per game, 2.7 more points than the total of 137 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 142.8 points per game, 5.8 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The average over/under the Friars have had set in games this season is 5.7 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Blue Demons games this year have averaged a total of 139.8 points, 2.8 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Friars average just 0.1 fewer points per game (71.6) than the Blue Demons give up (71.7).
- Providence has a 7-3 record overall and a 6-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 71.7 points.
- DePaul is 1-4 overall and 2-3 against the spread when allowing more than 71.6 points.
- The Blue Demons average just three fewer points than the Friars allow (71.1).
- DePaul has compiled a 2-1 overall record and a 3-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 71.1 points.
- Providence’s record is 4-8 overall and 4-7 against the spread when it gives up more than 68.1 points to its opponents.
- The Friars have out-scored their opponents by just 10 points this season (0.5 points per game on average), and opponents of the Blue Demons have out-scored them by 40 more points on the year (3.6 per game).
Providence Betting Information
- Providence has struggled against the spread, going 9-10 on the year.
- The Friars have struggled to cover, going just 3-6 ATS when favored by at least 1.5 points.
- In 10 of 19 (52.6%) contests this season, Providence and its opponents have hit the total.
DePaul Betting Information
- DePaul has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 5-6 ATS.
- When they are at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Blue Demons have a record ATS of 2-1.
- DePaul has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 18.2% of matchups this season (2 out of 11 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/27/2020||Providence||-6.5||143||-299||+238||Regular Season||95-90 PROV|
|3/7/2020||Providence||-10||136.5||-587||+417||Regular Season||93-55 PROV|
|1/4/2020||DePaul||-2.5||140||-148||+120||Regular Season||66-65 PROV|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||67-55 DEPAUL|
|1/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-67 PROV|
- Nate Watson leads the Friars in scoring and rebounding, accumulating 17.9 points and 6.8 rebounds per game.
- David Duke is Providence’s best passer, distributing 5.0 assists per game while scoring 17.5 PPG.
- Duke’s 2.0 threes per game leads the Friars.
- Jared Bynum is Providence’s leader in steals, averaging 1.2 steals per game, while Watson leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
- Javon Freeman-Liberty racks up 14.0 points per game to be the top scorer for the Blue Demons.
- Darious Hall is at the top of the Blue Demons rebounding leaderboard with 5.7 rebounds per game, and Charlie Moore paces the squad in assists with 4.1 per outing.
- Moore provides the bulk of the Blue Demons’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 1.7 threes per game to pace the team.
- DePaul’s leader in steals is Freeman-Liberty (1.7 per game), and its leader in blocks is Nick Ongenda (1.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds