The Providence Friars (9-8) host the Seton Hall Pirates (9-8) as 1-point favorites after A.J. Reeves put up 28 points in the Friars 73-72 loss to Georgetown. The matchup airs on FS1 at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 3, 2021. The point total is set at 142 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 58.8% of their opportunities this season (10 of 17 chances), the Friars and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 142 points.
- Seton Hall and its opponents have combined to score more than 142 points in 12 of 17 games (70.6%) this year.
- The Friars and the Pirates combine to average 5.9 more points per game than the over/under of 142 set for this game.
- The Friars and the Pirates have seen their opponents average a combined 1.8 more points per game than the point total of 142 set for this game.
- The average point total in Friars games this year is 2.1 more points than the total of 142 in this matchup.
- Pirates games this year have averaged a total of 147.7 points, 5.7 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 72.8 points per game the Friars score are only 0.2 more points than the Pirates allow (72.6).
- Providence has a 5-0 record against the spread and a 6-1 record overall when putting up more than 72.6 points.
- Seton Hall is 2-5 against the spread and 1-7 overall when giving up more than 72.8 points.
- The Pirates’ 75.1 points per game are only 3.9 more points than the 71.2 the Friars allow.
- Seton Hall has gone 7-4 overall and 8-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 71.2 points.
- Providence has a 2-3 record overall and an ATS record of 1-3 in games when its opponents score more than 75.1 points.
- The Friars have scored a total of 27 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 1.6 per game), and the Pirates have out-scored opponents by 41 points on the season (2.5 more per game).
Providence Betting Information
- Providence has covered about half the time against spread this season, covering eight times in 16 contests.
- The Friars have posted a losing record of 3-5 against the spread when the spread is -1 or higher.
- In 9 of 16 (56.2%) contests this season, Providence and its opponents have hit the over.
Seton Hall Betting Information
- The Pirates have a 10-6 record against the spread, covering in 62.5% of their matchups.
- The Pirates have fared well as a 1-point underdog, going 5-3 against the spread when they are at least 1-point underdogs.
- The Pirates and their opponents have hit the over in half of their games this year — 8 of 16.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/20/2020||Seton Hall||-3||140.5||-157||+130||Regular Season||80-77 PROV|
|2/15/2020||Seton Hall||-2||137.5||-136||+112||Regular Season||74-71 PROV|
|1/22/2020||Seton Hall||-9||137||-480||+360||Regular Season||73-64 SETON|
|1/30/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-63 SETON|
|1/15/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-63 PROV|
- The leader in points and assists for the Friars is David Duke, who scores 18.6 points and dishes out 4.9 assists per game.
- Nate Watson leads the Friars in rebounding, grabbing 6.7 boards per game while also scoring 17.6 points a contest.
- Duke makes more threes per game than any other member of the Friars, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.2 per contest.
- Jared Bynum is Providence’s leader in steals, averaging 1.2 steals per game, while Watson leads them in blocks with 0.6 per contest.
Seton Hall Leaders
- Sandro Mamukelashvili sits on top of the Pirates leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 17.6 points and 7.1 rebounds per game.
- Shavar Reynolds Jr.’s assist statline leads Seton Hall; he dishes out 4.5 assists per game.
- Myles Cale is the top scorer from the three-point line for the Pirates, hitting 1.8 threes per game.
- Seton Hall’s leader in steals is Reynolds (1.8 per game), and its leader in blocks is Ike Obiagu (2.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- March Madness Odds & Predictions for Sweet 16 Betting Games
- March Madness Parlay Picks & Lines for Sweet 16 Betting Games
- March Madness Odds Updated for 2023 National Championship
- March Madness 2nd Round Lines: #10 Penn State vs. #2 Texas Betting Preview
- March Madness 2nd Round Lines: #6 Kentucky vs. #3 Kansas State Betting Preview