The No. 5 seed Nevada Wolf Pack (16-9) are 8.5-point underdogs in their MWC Tournament semifinals matchup against the No. 1 seed San Diego State Aztecs (21-4) on Friday at Thomas & Mack Center, starting at 9:30 PM ET on CBS Sports. The winner moves one step closer to the conference championship and an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|San Diego State||-8.5||-110||-110||139.5||-110||-110||-410||315|
- In 28% of their games this season (seven of 25 chances), the Aztecs and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s over/under of 139.5 points.
- Nevada and its opponents have combined to score more than 139.5 points in 52% of their matchups this year (13 of 25 opportunities).
- These two teams average a combined 148 points per game, 8.5 more points than the over/under of 139.5 set for this matchup.
- The Aztecs and the Wolf Pack have seen their opponents average a combined 9.8 less points per game than the point total of 139.5 set in this outing.
- The average over/under the Aztecs have had set in matchups this year is 5.0 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Wolf Pack this year is 3.7 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Aztecs record only 4.8 more points per game (74.2) than the Wolf Pack allow (69.4).
- San Diego State is 15-0 overall and 12-0 against the spread when scoring more than 69.4 points.
- In games Nevada gives up more than 74.2 points, it is 3-4 against the spread and 2-5 overall.
- The Wolf Pack score 13.5 more points per game (73.8) than the Aztecs give up (60.3).
- When it scores more than 60.3 points, Nevada is 17-0 against the spread and 16-7 overall.
- San Diego State’s record is 0-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread when it allows more than 73.8 points to its opponents.
- The Aztecs have totaled 347 more points than their opponents this season (13.9 per game on average), and the Wolf Pack have scored 111 more points than their opponents (4.4 per game).
San Diego State Betting Information
- San Diego State has been good against the spread this season, posting a 13-11 record.
- When favored by at least 8.5 points, the Aztecs have fared well against the spread, putting together a 9-7 record.
- The Aztecs have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 11 times in 24 games this season.
Nevada Betting Information
- Nevada has a winning record against the spread, going 18-6 ATS (covering 75% of the time).
- When they are at least 8.5-point underdogs, the Wolf Pack have gone 1-1 against the spread.
- Nevada has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 62.5% of matchups this season (15 out of 24 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/9/2021||San Diego State||-11||135.5||-710||+497||Regular Season||69-67 SDSU|
|1/7/2021||San Diego State||-13||137||-1114||+681||Regular Season||65-60 SDSU|
|2/29/2020||San Diego State||-5.5||143.5||-246||+193||Regular Season||83-76 SDSU|
|1/18/2020||San Diego State||-12.5||137||-1023||+630||Regular Season||68-55 SDSU|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-53 NEVADA|
|2/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-57 SDSU|
San Diego State Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Aztecs this season is Matt Mitchell, who averages 15.0 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 2.0 assists per game.
- Nathan Mensah leads San Diego State in rebounding, averaging 6.2 per game, while Trey Pulliam leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.4 in each contest.
- Jordan Schakel leads the Aztecs in three-point shooting with an average of 3.0 threes per game.
- Mitchell is San Diego State’s leader in steals, averaging 1.5 steals per game, while Mensah leads them in blocks with 1.4 per contest.
- Grant Sherfield collects 18.3 points and tacks on 6.1 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Wolf Pack’s leaderboards in those statistics.
- Zane Meeks grabs 5.9 rebounds per game (he also scores 9.0 points per game and adds 0.7 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Nevada rebounding leaderboard.
- Desmond Cambridge leads the Wolf Pack in three-point shooting with an average of 2.7 made threes per game.
- Nevada’s leader in steals is Sherfield with 1.6 per game, and its leader in blocks is K.J. Hymes with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- San Diego State vs Alabama in March Madness: Odds, Analysis and Trends for Sweet 16
- March Madness Against The Spread Picks & Lines for Sweet 16 Betting Games
- March Madness Odds: Sweet 16 Betting Analysis for Florida Atlantic vs. Tennessee
- March Madness Odds: Sweet 16 Betting Analysis for Gonzaga vs UCLA
- March Madness Straight-Up Picks & Lines for Sweet 16 Betting Games