The Tennessee State Tigers (3-9) are slight underdogs (by 1.5 points) to end a five-game road losing streak when they visit the SIU-Edwardsville Cougars (6-8) on Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 134.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|SIU-Edwardsville (-1.5)||Over (134)||SIU-Edwardsville 72 Tennessee State 66|
- In seven of 14 opportunities (50%) this season, the Cougars and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 134 points.
- Tennessee State and its opponents have combined to score more than 134 points in six of 12 games (50%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 0.3 fewer points per game (133.7) than this game’s over/under of 134 points.
- The Cougars and the Tigers have seen their opponents average a combined 7.8 more points per game than the point total of 134 set in this game.
- The Cougars average point total in matchups this year is 140.1, 6.1 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average total for Tigers games this year is 1.3 more points than the point total of 134 for this outing.
SIU-Edwardsville Betting Information
- Against the spread, SIU-Edwardsville has been strong this season, posting an 8-5 record.
- The Cougars have covered half the time, going 1-1 against the spread when favored by at least 1.5 points.
- SIU-Edwardsville and its opponents have covered the over/under in just 4 of 13 games this season (30.8%).
Tennessee State Betting Information
- Tennessee State has a losing record against the spread, going 3-8 ATS (covering just 27.3% of the time).
- When they are at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Tigers have not fared well, going 1-3 against the spread.
- In the majority of Tennessee State’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (2 out of 11 games, 18.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/21/2021||Tennessee State||-3.5||136.5||-166||+136||Regular Season||67-65 SIUE|
|1/4/2020||Tennessee State||-11.5||147||-835||+540||Regular Season||79-74 TNST|
|2/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-84 SIUE|
- The Cougars scoring leader is Sidney Wilson, who averages 13.8 per contest to go with 4.2 rebounds and 1.5 assists.
- Mike Adewunmi leads SIU-Edwardsville in rebounding, averaging 6.7 per game, while Courtney Carter leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.8 in each contest.
- The Cougars get the most three-point shooting production out of Wilson, who knocks down 1.2 threes per game.
- The SIU-Edwardsville steals leader is Carter, who averages 1.6 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Lamar Wright, who compiles 1.9 rejections per contest.
Tennessee State Leaders
- Mark Freeman collects 14.7 points and tacks on 3.7 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Tigers’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Yusuf Mohamed is at the top of the Tennessee State rebounding leaderboard with 5.3 rebounds per game. He also scores 6.3 points and adds 0.4 assists per game.
- Marcus Fitzgerald Jr. is dependable from deep and leads the Tigers with 1.9 made threes per game.
- Freeman (1.8 steals per game) and Mason Green (1.2 blocks per game) lead the Tigers in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds