The No. 4 seed SMU Mustangs (11-4) are 6-point favorites to win and move closer to a guaranteed berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket against the No. 5 seed Cincinnati Bearcats (10-10) in the AAC Tournament quarterfinals Friday at Dickies Arena, starting at 3:00 PM ET on ESPN2.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 46.7% of their opportunities this season (seven of 15 chances), the Mustangs and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s point total of 143.5 points.
- In 10 of 20 opportunities (50%) this season, Cincinnati and its opponents have combined to score at least 143.5 points.
- The Mustangs and the Bearcats combine to average 0.6 more points per game than the total of 143.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 138.5 points per game, 5.0 less than the point total for this matchup.
- The average point total in Mustangs games this year is 2.6 fewer points than the over/under of 143.5 in this matchup.
- Bearcats games this year have averaged a total of 141.8 points, 1.7 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 74.3 points the Mustangs average per game are just 2.4 more points than the Bearcats allow (71.9).
- SMU is 3-0-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall when scoring more than 71.9 points.
- Cincinnati is 0-7 against the spread and 0-7 overall when giving up more than 74.3 points.
- The Bearcats score just 3.2 more points per game (69.8) than the Mustangs give up (66.6).
- Cincinnati has gone 8-6 overall and 5-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 66.6 points.
- SMU is 0-4-1 against the spread and 2-4 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 69.8 points.
- The Mustangs have put up a total of 115 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 7.7 per game), while the Bearcats have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 41 total points, -2.1 per game).
SMU Betting Information
- SMU has covered in just six of 14 matchups this season.
- When favored by at least 6 points, the Mustangs have fared well against the spread, compiling a 4-2-1 record.
- SMU and its opponents have reached the total 7 times in 14 contests this season.
Cincinnati Betting Information
- Cincinnati has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 6-13 ATS.
- The Bearcats have not fared well as a 6-point underdog going 1-4 against the spread.
- Cincinnati and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 15 of 19 (78.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/7/2021||SMU||-6||142||-263||+211||Regular Season||76-69 CIN|
|1/28/2020||Cincinnati||-5||138||-223||+177||Regular Season||65-43 CIN|
|2/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||52-49 CIN|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-68 CIN|
- Kendric Davis leads the Mustangs in points and assists per game, scoring 17.7 points and distributing 7.6 assists.
- Feron Hunt is SMU’s best rebounder, grabbing an average of 8.3 boards in each contest while scoring 11.9 points per game.
- Emmanuel Bandoumel leads the Mustangs in three-point shooting with an average of 1.6 threes per game.
- The SMU steals leader is Davis, who averages 1.5 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Yor Anei, who compiles 2.3 rejections per contest.
- Keith Williams is the top scorer for the Bearcats with 15.0 points per game. He also adds 4.1 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game to his statistics.
- Tari Eason is atop the Bearcats rebounding leaderboard with 5.6 rebounds per game, and David Dejulius paces the team in assists with 4.6 per outing.
- Jeremiah Davenport hits more threes per game than any other member of the Bearcats, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 2.0 per game.
- Eason is at the top of the Cincinnati steals and blocks leaderboards with 1.2 steals per game and 1.2 blocks per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds