The UMKC Kangaroos (2-4) are 1.5-point underdogs as they look to turn around a four-game losing streak when they host the South Dakota Coyotes (2-6) on Friday, January 8, 2021 at Swinney Recreation Center. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at 131.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UMKC (+1.5)||Over (131.5)||UMKC 68 South Dakota 65|
- The Coyotes and their opponents have totaled at least 131.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in six of eight games (75%) this year.
- In four of six outings (66.7%) this year, UMKC and its opponents have combined to score more than 131.5 points.
- The Coyotes and the Kangaroos combine to average 18.4 more points per game than the total of 131.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 10.2 more points per game (141.7) than this matchup’s total of 131.5 points.
- The Coyotes average point total in outings this season is 141, 9.5 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Kangaroos this season is 19.2 points higher than this game’s over/under.
South Dakota Betting Information
- South Dakota has struggled against the spread, going 2-5 on the year.
- When favored by at least 1.5 points, the Coyotes have struggled to a 0-1 record ATS this season.
- More often than not, South Dakota and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 4 of 7 chances this season.
UMKC Betting Information
- UMKC’s record against the spread is 2-2.
- The Kangaroos have not fared well as a 1.5-point underdog, going 0-1 against the spread when they are at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- The Kangaroos and their opponents have hit the over in half of their games this season — 2 of 4.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/22/2019||South Dakota||-7.5||137||-355||+271||Regular Season||78-75 UMKC|
|12/8/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-63 UMKC|
South Dakota Leaders
- Stanley Umude leads the Coyotes in scoring and rebounding, tallying 22.1 points and 7.4 rebounds per game.
- South Dakota’s best passer is A.J. Plitzuweit, who averages 4.0 assists per game to go with his 15.8 PPG scoring average.
- Umude contributes the bulk of the Coyotes’ three-point shooting production. He makes 2.1 threes per game to pace the squad.
- Mason Archambault and Brady Heiman lead the Coyotes on the defensive end, with Archambault leading the team in steals averaging 1.0 per game and Heiman in blocks averaging 1.1 per contest.
- Josiah Allick is the top scorer for the Kangaroos with 15.5 points per game. He also adds 6.8 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game to his scoring output.
- UMKC’s leader in rebounds is Marvin Nesbitt Jr. with 7.2 per game, and its leader in assists is Brandon McKissic with 3.5 per game.
- Franck Kamgain is the most prolific from the three-point line for the Kangaroos, hitting 1.5 threes per game.
- Nesbitt’s steals (2.7 steals per game) and blocks (1.0 block per game) pace UMKC on defense.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found