The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (0-9) are heavy, 21.5-point underdogs as they try to turn around a nine-game losing streak when they visit the Southern Jaguars (2-4) on Monday, January 18, 2021 at F. G. Clark Activity Center. The contest airs at 5:30 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is set at 142.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Southern (-21.5)||Over (142.5)||Southern 85 Mississippi Valley State 61|
- In 33.3% of their games this season (two of six chances), the Jaguars and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s point total of 142.5 points.
- Mississippi Valley State and its opponents have added up to score at least 142.5 points in 66.7% of their matchups this year (six of nine opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 21.3 fewer points per game (121.2) than this game’s over/under of 142.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 34.3 more points per game (176.8) than this matchup’s over/under of 142.5 points.
- The average over/under the Jaguars have had set in matchups this season is 0.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Delta Devils this year is 12.7 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Southern Betting Information
- Southern is good against the spread, going 3-2 this season.
- In 3 of 5 (60%) contests this season, Southern and its opponents have hit the total.
Mississippi Valley State Betting Information
- Mississippi Valley State has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 2-7 ATS.
- In most of Delta Devils games this year, the teams have not hit the over (3 out of 9 games, 33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/17/2020||Southern||-17||149||-2778||+1075||Regular Season||95-62 SOUTH|
|1/20/2020||Southern||-9||148||-484||+346||Regular Season||74-70 SOUTH|
|2/18/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-59 MSVSU|
|1/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-56 SOUTH|
- The scoring leader for the Jaguars this season is Damiree Burns, who averages 11.0 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 0.8 assists per game.
- Southern’s leading rebounder is Harrison Henderson averaging 6.3 boards per game and its best passer is Jayden Saddler and his 5.3 assists per game.
- The Jaguars get the most three-point shooting production out of Ahsante Shivers, who knocks down 1.4 threes per game.
- Shivers and Burns lead Southern on the defensive end, with Shivers leading the team in steals averaging 2.0 per game and Burns in blocks averaging 0.8 per contest.
Mississippi Valley State Leaders
- Kam’Ron Cunningham racks up 12.9 points per game and is the top scorer for the Delta Devils.
- The Mississippi Valley State leaders in rebounding and assists are Alexander Perry with 4.2 rebounds per game (he also adds 4.5 points and 1.4 assists per game) and Caleb Hunter with 2.8 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.2 points and 3.5 rebounds per game).
- Devin Gordon contributes the bulk of the Delta Devils’ three-point shooting production. He connects on 2.6 threes per game to pace the team.
- Terry Collins (1.6 steals per game) is the steal leader for Mississippi Valley State while Cunningham (0.6 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Elite Eight March Madness Odds: UConn Vs Gonzaga Betting Analysis & Prediction
- Florida Atlantic vs Kansas State in March Madness: Odds, Analysis and Trends for Elite Eight
- Miami vs Houston in March Madness: Odds, Analysis and Trends for Sweet 16
- March Madness Odds: Sweet 16 Betting Analysis for Xavier vs Texas
- March Madness Odds: Sweet 16 Betting Analysis for Princeton vs. Creighton