The Big Sky conference tournament continues Friday as the No. 1 seed Southern Utah Thunderbirds (20-3) face off against the No. 5 seed Montana State Bobcats (12-9) at CenturyLink Arena, beginning at 7:00 PM ET. Southern Utah is a 7.5-point favorite to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 60.9% of their opportunities this season (14 of 23 chances), the Thunderbirds and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s point total of 151 points.
- Montana State and its opponents have combined to score at least 151 points in eight of 21 opportunities (38.1%) this year.
- These teams average a combined 159.2 points per game, 8.2 more points than the over/under of 151 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 9.9 less points per game (141.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 151 points.
- The Thunderbirds average point total in outings this season is 153.6, 2.6 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Bobcats this season is 4.3 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 84.5 points per game the Thunderbirds record are 12.5 more points than the Bobcats allow (72).
- Southern Utah is 11-0 against the spread and 18-1 overall when scoring more than 72 points.
- Montana State is 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall when allowing more than 84.5 points.
- The Bobcats score 5.6 more points per game (74.7) than the Thunderbirds give up (69.1).
- When it scores more than 69.1 points, Montana State is 6-0 against the spread and 9-5 overall.
- Southern Utah’s record is 5-3 overall and 3-5 against the spread when it gives up more than 74.7 points to its opponents.
- The Thunderbirds have put up a total of 355 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 15.4 per game), and the Bobcats have out-scored opponents by 55 points on the season (2.7 more per game).
Southern Utah Betting Information
- The Thunderbirds have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 12-5 record.
- When favored by at least 7.5 points, the Thunderbirds have put up a 3-3 record ATS.
- Southern Utah has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 12 of 17 games for a 70.6% rate.
Montana State Betting Information
- Montana State has covered the spread in less than half of its outings, going 7-11-1 ATS.
- When they are at least 7.5-point underdogs, the Bobcats have not fared well, going 0-2 against the spread.
- Montana State has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 68.4% of matchups this year (13 out of 19 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/5/2020||Southern Utah||-0.5||135||-110||-112||Regular Season||73-65 MONST|
|1/4/2020||Southern Utah||-7.5||133||-360||+277||Regular Season||59-53 SUTAH|
|3/4/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-83 MONST|
|12/29/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-62 MONST|
Southern Utah Leaders
- The Thunderbirds scoring leader is Tevian Jones, who averages 17.0 per contest to go with 4.3 rebounds and 1.2 assists.
- Maizen Fausett leads Southern Utah in rebounding, averaging 7.0 per game, while John Knight III leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.2 in each contest.
- Jones contributes the bulk of the Thunderbirds’ three-point shooting production. He hits 2.5 threes per game to lead the squad.
- Knight is the Thunderbirds leader in steals, averaging 1.5 steals per game, while Ivan Madunic leads them in blocks with 0.7 per contest.
Montana State Leaders
- Xavier Bishop collects 14.8 points and tacks on 4.0 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Bobcats’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Abdul Mohamed’s stat line of 5.8 rebounds, 6.6 points and 1.1 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Montana State rebounding leaderboard.
- Bishop is reliable from three-point range and leads the Bobcats with 1.4 made threes per game.
- Amin Adamu (1.7 steals per game) and Jubrile Belo (1.0 block per game) lead the Bobcats in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds