The Sam Houston State Bearkats (8-5) will try to build on a six-game win streak when they hit the road to take on the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks (7-3) on Sunday, January 31, 2021 at Johnson Coliseum as 5-point underdogs. The game airs at 4:00 PM ET on ESPNU. The matchup has an over/under of 150 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Sam Houston State (+5)||Under (150)||SFA 76 Sam Houston State 73|
- The ‘Jacks and their opponents have combined to score more than 150 points in 60% of their games this season (six of 10 opportunities).
- Sam Houston State and its opponents have combined to score more than 150 points in eight of 13 opportunities (61.5%) this year.
- The ‘Jacks and the Bearkats combine to average 11.4 more points per game than the total of 150 set for this game.
- The ‘Jacks and the Bearkats have seen their opponents average a combined 4.1 less points per game than the over/under of 150 set for this game.
- The average point total for ‘Jacks games this season is 4.3 more points than the total of 150 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Bearkats this season is three points higher than this game’s over/under.
SFA Betting Information
- SFA has covered in just three of seven matchups this season.
- When favored by at least 5 points, the ‘Jacks have fared well against the spread, putting up a 3-2 record.
- SFA has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 5 of 7 games for a 71.4% rate.
Sam Houston State Betting Information
- Sam Houston State has a winning record against the spread, going 6-4 ATS (covering 60.0% of the time).
- When they are at least 5-point underdogs, the Bearkats have a record ATS of 1-1.
- Sam Houston State and its opponents have hit the over in half of their matchups this season — 5 of 10.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||SFA||-10.5||149||-634||+444||Regular Season||68-57 SFAUS|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-76 SFAUS|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-57 SMHO|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||94-72 SMHO|
- Cameron Johnson leads the ‘Jacks in scoring, tallying 18.1 points per game to go with 4.4 rebounds and 1.9 assists.
- Gavin Kensmil leads the ‘Jacks in rebounding, averaging 6.3 per game, while David Kachelries leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.1 in each contest.
- Johnson makes more threes per game than any other member of the ‘Jacks, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.5 per contest.
- Roti Ware and Nana Antwi-Boasiako lead SFA on the defensive end, with Ware leading the team in steals averaging 2.0 per game and Antwi-Boasiako in blocks averaging 1.1 per contest.
Sam Houston State Leaders
- Zach Nutall averages 19.9 points and 5.9 rebounds per game for the Bearkats, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Donte Powers’ assist statline paces Sam Houston State; he racks up 2.9 assists per game.
- Demarkus Lampley paces his teammates on the Bearkats with 3.1 made threes per outing.
- Sam Houston State’s leader in steals is Javion May (1.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Tristan Ikpe (0.9 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Elite Eight March Madness Odds: UConn Vs Gonzaga Betting Analysis & Prediction
- Florida Atlantic vs Kansas State in March Madness: Odds, Analysis and Trends for Elite Eight
- Miami vs Houston in March Madness: Odds, Analysis and Trends for Sweet 16
- March Madness Odds: Sweet 16 Betting Analysis for Xavier vs Texas
- March Madness Odds: Sweet 16 Betting Analysis for Princeton vs. Creighton