The Tennessee State Tigers (2-6) are favored (-3.5) to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the SIU-Edwardsville Cougars (3-4) at 9:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 21, 2021 at Gentry Center. The matchup airs on ESPN+. The over/under is set at 135 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|SIU-Edwardsville (+3.5)||Over (135)||SIU-Edwardsville 71 Tennessee State 68|
- In 75% of their games this season (six of eight chances), the Tigers and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 135 points.
- SIU-Edwardsville has played in three games this season (out of seven total matchups — 42.9% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 135 points.
- The Tigers and the Cougars combine to average 1.9 more points per game than the over/under of 135 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 6.2 more points per game (141.2) than this matchup’s total of 135 points.
- The Tigers average point total in outings this year is 140, five points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Cougars this season is 3.1 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Tennessee State Betting Information
- The Tigers have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 2-5 record.
- When favored by at least 3.5 points, the Tigers have put together a 1-1 record ATS.
- Tennessee State and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 2 of 7 games this season (28.6%).
SIU-Edwardsville Betting Information
- SIU-Edwardsville has covered the spread in more than half of its contests, going 4-2 ATS.
- SIU-Edwardsville has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 33.3% of matchups this year (2 out of 6 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/4/2020||Tennessee State||-11.5||147||-835||+540||Regular Season||79-74 TNST|
|2/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-84 SIUE|
Tennessee State Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Tigers is Mark Freeman, who scores 13.9 points and distributes 3.9 assists per game.
- Shakem Johnson is the Tigers best rebounder, grabbing an average of 5.2 boards in each contest while scoring 9.4 points per game.
- Marcus Fitzgerald Jr. leads the Tigers in three-point shooting, making an average of 1.9 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Freeman and Mason Green lead Tennessee State on the defensive end, with Freeman leading the team in steals averaging 1.5 per game and Green in blocks averaging 0.5 per contest.
- Sidney Wilson racks up 13.3 points per game to be the top scorer for the Cougars.
- The Cougars’ leader in rebounds is Mike Adewunmi with 5.9 per matchup, and their leader in assists is Courtney Carter with 4.4 per game.
- Shamar Wright makes 1.3 three-pointers per game, the most on the Cougars.
- Carter (2.0 steals per game) is the steal leader for SIU-Edwardsville while Philip Pepple Jr. (2.5 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds